Home Away From Home

"Please look after this place while I'm gone, okay? And make sure Baba doesn't take Evie out anywhere to pick up girls," Ichinomiya rolled his eyes and nodded.
     "Yes, now go before you miss your flight," he said sarcastically and I granted him a fake laugh.
     "Just hilarious," I muttered before almost being knocked over by a small body running into my legs.
     "Lexi!" Evie whined and I looked down with a smile.
     "Yes, Evie?"
     "Please let me come with you," she pouted and I knelt down.
     "I won't be long, I'll be back before you know it." She sighed and I hugged her, "I'll speak to you soon, okay?" I waved to the guys who'd gathered to see Soryu and I off then we left to go to the airport for our twelve hour flight to the capital of Scotland.
     It was early afternoon when we finally landed and as promised there was a chauffeur waiting for Soryu and I. There was a tense silence the whole way to the Grey Wolves third HQ. I kept my gaze forward; back straight and head held high. Soryu placed his hand over mine in a comforting gesture and I looked at him. Unfortunately he couldn't comfort me further now that we weren't alone.
     We made it to HQ shortly after and Ross Jr. my fathers right hand man greeted us at the door.
     "Alexis, Soryu, good afternoon," he shook our hands with a welcoming smile.
     "Good afternoon," I greet.
     "John, Corey, get their bags from the car." He ordered two men who smiled as they pass us. "Your father is out right now but he invites you both to dinner tonight at Edinburgh's finest Michelin star restaurant; Martin Wishart. A car will be here to pick you both up at eight," he informed us before moving on to get on with his tasks.
I breath deeply. I did not miss seeing my dad.
     "Come, our bags will be in my room." I motioned with my head for Soryu to follow me and we quietly walked up the large carpeted stairs. The room was bare, apart from the necessities; a king sized bed, rosewood furniture and a wall mounted tv. To my knowledge this branch had only just been completed very recently so this was my first time here too.
     "This will be the first time time I've had the pleasure of meeting your father in person," Soryu said aloud with a hint of sarcasm while I unpacked my things.
     "Trust me, being here or anywhere near my father is a bad omen."
     "He can't be all bad if he gave me you," Soryu wrapped his arms around me from behind and nuzzled into the crook of my neck. I relished in the warm, safe feeling of his arms before leaning my head away to look at him.
     "You know he hasn't given me to you yet, I doubt he ever will consent to us." I sighed but Soryu quickly covered it with a peck on my lips. "We can't do that here either, for all we know the room is tapped," I warned him and he slipped away from me.
     "Clever girl, give me a second," he chuckled before taking his laptop out of his bag and setting it down on the bed.
     "What're you doing?" I asked in amused confusion.
     "Checking if the room is bugged, what else?" He raised a dark brow and I frowned.
    "You're calling Aihara now? It's almost midnight back home."
     "What? Oh. No, I'll do it myself," he waved dismissively while I smirked and shook my head.
     Wow.
     While he worked on checking the room I sat beside him and took out my phone. After finding Ichinomiya's contact I sent a text.
     Arrived at our Edinburgh branch, no sign of George yet but we're meeting him his evening for dinner. I'll keep you updated.
     How is Evie? And everyone else? Nothing has happened since I left has it? Just keep a low profile, no one can know I'm not there, there are a few deals happening with the Bucci's Family, the Phoenix's and another gun deal with the Ice Dragons. Treat them with the utmost respect. We need as many allies as we can get.
     Talk soon.
     I sent the text off and looked up to find Soryu putting his laptop on the desk by the door.
     "So?" I questioned anxiously. Smirking, Soryu remained quiet, walked to the door slowly and locked the door. When he turned back to face me his eyes seemed darker, hungrier and my breath caught in my throat. It was clear to me now that this room was bug-free, leaving us to ourselves and Soryu was ready to make the most of that.
     He stalked towards me, taking his suit jacket off and I moved closer to the edge of the bed, sitting up on my knees. I couldn't wait any longer.
     "So it's just you and me," I confirmed in a slow sultry tone. Soryu's hands found my waist and pulled me flush against him.
     "Just you and me," he confirmed before dipping his head down a little to catch my lips in a slow burning kiss. These last few days had been so stressful and busy I had no time to relax but that didn't matter now. With that
kiss Soryu had already melted away all of my tenseness.

~~~

Long time no see!
     How are you all?
     I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, let me know with a vote and comment! It all helps motivate me to write and update quicker.
     Don't forget to add Guarded to your reading lists so that you never miss an update.

See you all soon,
XOX

Published: 12/10/17
Edited: 10/1/18