Take Backs

Despite Fosters advice to rest up some more I got to work the next day.
     "We have it all planned out. Aihara sent an email to the Chief of Police saying that Oh and Kishi are being put to trial early and will be getting transferred tomorrow night. We've sourced a transportation van and some police uniforms. All the 'paperwork' is already done, we just have to walk in, flash a badge, Baba will take us to their cells and we march them right out of the front door where Aihara will be waiting to drive us away. Hishikura, Luke and Ota are going to take the uniforms and vehicle and destroy it to erase the evidence."
     Wow.
     I was slightly taken aback. They really did plan it perfectly, Japanese police were notorious for not caring about what happened to people after they walked out of their care.
     "That sounds like a great plan," I acknowledged and nodded slightly.
     "Thank you," he bowed his head, "I do have some news I feel you'll not be pleased with however." I gave him a look telling him to continue and he pressed his lips together. "I had to tell your father you were in a coma."
     No. Anything but that.
     "Why did you do that?"
     "I had no choice, he kept calling the day after it happened. I didn't tell him anything more than that you were involved in a car crash, I said I'd notify him as soon as you awoke." I massaged my temples to help ease the sudden headache that came along with thinking about anything to do with my father.
     "Okay then, as far as he knows I'm still in a coma, that won't change until everything else has settled down."
     "You have my word," he assured me.

     "Are you ready to go?" I asked the guys as we all met in the living room, all of us except Baba that was.
     "Yes," they all replied and I turned to Kisaki, Hishikura and Foster.
    "Hold down the fort until we come back, don't answer the door to anyone unless it's us." Hishikura nodded.
     "You got it, Koro."
     "Of course, Sexybones."
     "In that case, let's go and get our family back," I smiled.

     "We're here to pick up the two inmates- Soryu Oh and Mamoru Kishi," Ichinomiya told the lady at the front desk. She nodded and pressed a button on the phone. Moments later a disguised Baba appeared beside us.
     "Follow me," he said plainly and we followed after him until we were secured in the cell levels.
     "What time do you finish work?"
     "Not until six in the morning."
     "That's fine, we'll expect you home shortly after, remember act normally until you clock out and then you don't have to worry about this place ever again."
    "Of course, Princess," he smiled back at me then stopped in front of a large steel door painted red.
     'CELL NO. 109' was pained in white on the door just under a small window that gave a view of the prisoner inside.
     "This is Kishi's cell," Baba told us as he unlocked the bolt and swung it open. Unsurprisingly Kishi was laying on his bed with his back towards us, snoring away. I walked in and roughly shook his shoulder.
     "Hey inmate, wake up, you're being transported," I told him in Japanese. I motioned for Ichinomiya to cuff him and Baba and I left to get Soryu.
     I felt nervous as we carried on down the narrow hall. I couldn't explain the sudden nervousness but I began to get uncomfortable when I felt something in my stomach- a fluttering sensation. I gulped to moisten my throat as Baba drew up to 'CELL NO. 127'.
     "This is us," he said while unlocking the door. When he pulled it open I was surprised to see Soryu in the middle of the cell on the ground. He had his orange jump suit tied around his waist and a light grey tank top on underneath, his breath came out rugged as he finished off his last push up and looked up at us standing in the doorway.
     I stepped forward- my heart pounding- and spoke in Japanese, "stand up, inmate. You're being transferred." He obeyed my command and turned his back so that I could cuff him.
     By the looks of it he didn't know it was me yet, the heavy police armor and mask hid my appearance well enough to throw him off. I smirked happily with this plan and walked Soryu back down the hall.
     We left the premises without any problems and climbed into the back of the transport van. Once we were all seated in the back we took off our helmets and uniform, revealing the clothes we'd put on underneath, leaving both Soryu and Kishi wide eyed.

     "Alexis?" Soryu questioned in disbelief. I flashed him a brilliant smile and nodded.
    "I told you we'd get you out, all we have to do is make it home now."

~~~

Reunited at long last!
     Leave your thoughts and feelings in the comment section, vote to show Guarded some love and add it to your reading lists to be notified when the next chapter is released.

See you all soon,
XOX

Published: 10/8/17
Edited: 6/1/18