Home Time

Over the course of the next couple of days we took all of the children home to their families. I couldn't feel better about what I was doing. I knew I was doing the right thing.
     "Are you ready to go home?" I asked Evie as we drove to the address of her house. She didn't say anything but the sad pout on her face was unmissable before she hugged me tightly. This gesture took my by surprise and I hugged her back.
     "Please can I stay with you?"
     "I'm sorry honey but it's not safe with us. Plus I'm sure your daddy misses you lots." I said while stroking the back of her head. Moments later Soryu pulled up in front of a derelict bungalow. I carried Evie on my hip, knowing she'd not walk herself and knocked on the door. While waiting for her dad to answer I noticed just how bad her home really was.
     Overgrown grass, beer bottles and take out containers decorated the garden, then I noticed the broken window lamely sealed off with a plastic bag taped across it.
     "Yeah?" A woman who was heavily caked in makeup asked around her chewing gum. It took me a moment to react but before I could speak a man wearing a pair of boxers and a stained tank top walked to the door, unlit joint in hand.
     "What is it?" He asked in annoyance. By this point I had already put Evie down and I held her hand behind me while I surveyed the situation. I didn't respond but instead looked past them into the house. It looked filthy and frankly unsafe.
     "If you haven't noticed your daughter has been missing for the last three months. Luckily for you I've brought her home." I said with a voice void of any sort of emotion except disgust.
     "Eh what does the brat want?" I frowned and knelt  down to look directly into her eyes.
     "How about you show me your room?" I asked her in a friendly tone, this gave me an excuse to gauge the safety of her home life. Evie nodded 'yes' vigorously and I stood up, her father and the unknown woman stepped aside to let her in but tried to block my path and close the door before I could do the same.
     This move angered me even more and I stuck my foot out to stop them. Once I pulled the door open I took the gun out of its holster and used it to motion for them to both step aside. "Move, before I do something I won't regret." I said in a deathly quiet voice and they immediately stepped away.
     I walked inside and I was  greeted by the smell of cigarettes, weed and something burning in the kitchen. I stomached the stench and held Evie's hand while she walked me though the house to her room. This place looked awful, well, the place itself was nice enough if it had been cared for properly.
     Her room consisted of an old stained mattress with a single pillow and a tiny blanket on top, a wooden crate and a few old books and toys on the floor.
     "Jesus Christ." I muttered to myself. "Evie, sweetheart. Are you happy here?" I asked her in a concerned tone of voice. She shook her head slowly and I took a breath. "Pack up your things, you're coming to Japan with me, okay?" With that news she immediately perked up and went about her business packing all her belongings into one small rucksack.
     I tore the plastic bag covering Evie's broken window and text Soryu to come and get her. While I dealt with her father and the woman. When I saw Soryu walk through the grass towards the window I told Evie that Soryu would take her out trough the window when she was packed up and not to let anyone else into the room after me then I left. It took me a moment to navigate my way around her house until I stumbled upon her dad and the woman sitting in the living room smoking a joint.
     "The girl's coming with me." I said in a hard tone. They both looked at each other then me and burst out into a fit of laughter. I clenched my jaw to stop myself from lashing out.
     "S-says who?" The man asked through his laughter before struggling to find his feet. I held my gun up with a determined look.
     "I do," I narrowed my eyes.
     "Then you'll have to buy her like the last guy," hearing this turned my stomach. Evie was never reported missing because she never was- he sold her to the sex ring.
     "You disgust me." I spat before moving my aim to the woman, sending a single bullet through her skull and then granting the monster before me the same treatment. Luckily my gun was silenced so Evie will never know what happened.
     I walked out of the house a few moments later and got into the back seat of the car to sit beside Evie.
     "Time to go home," I smiled at Evie and she grinned happily.

~~~

I hope you guys liked the double chapter today, this was very fun to write so I hope it was very fun to read.
     As always let me know with a vote, comment and add to your reading lists!
     Don't forget to comment, post on my wall or pm me questions for my Q&A book!

Ta ta,
XOX

Published: 21/9/17
Edited: 10/1/18