Reunited At Last

At Evies request I told her a few stories about my mother and I and then a little while later she dropped off to sleep with a smile on her face. I brushed her dark brown hair away from her face before turning back to my iPad on the table.
     "It's nice to hear you talk happily about your mum," Soryu said quietly, speaking in Japanese.
     "She never got to know hers, I think the least I can do is give her is some happy thoughts," I explained my logic and he nodded with a smile.
     "I think she really likes you." I looked back down at her sleeping face, she looked so relaxed- happy even.
     "I'm glad she does, I am worried though," I switched my gaze back to Soryu and leaned forward a little. "I don't think she has a good family life-" Soryu spoke up then.
     "I heard, she was also the only one who doesn't have a missing persons report filed. We just have her home address. I was looking into it while you both were talking." He turned the laptop around and I squinted to read the screen. "No reports on her disappearance but she definitely lives there." He pointed out the discrepancy as I read her name on Colorado's state census.
     "That doesn't sit well with me," I frowned and he took the laptop back. "She was the only one who didn't sound excited to go home when we were on our to the airport. I'm not leaving her until I feel she's one hundred percent safe," I said with conviction.
     "I knew you'd say that," he smirked and I rolled my eyes with a smile. I pressed a button on my armrest to call over one of the stewardess'.
     "Tell the pilot to make Colorado his last stop," I told her and she smiled with no objection and disappeared into the cockpit.
     After going through some emails and messaging everyone else to get a status report I put away my iPad and sat back in my chair. My eyes remained on Soryu while he worked on his laptop and before I knew it I fell asleep.
     What had to have been hours later I woke up with Soryu's suit jacket over me. I smiled as I inhaled the addictive scent of his cologne and looked across from me to find him asleep.
     "Cabin crew please prepare for landing," the pilot's voice sounded through the intercom and everyone got ready to land in Los Angeles.

We left five of the children in the private lounge with two of the air hostess while Soryu and I took two of the children home. We pulled up in front of Rachael's house and her face immediately lit up. I held her hand as we walked up the foot path and I knocked on the door. Moments later a distraught looking woman with auburn hair tied in a low ponytail opened the door.
     Her eyes widened and it took her a second to react, then she fell to her knees with tears in her eyes and pulled Rachael into her. They both hold each other tightly, crying into each other's shoulders. Reminding me of my fifteenth birthday, when my mum picked me up from the airport and hugged me the same way. I left then.
     Next we took Daniel home and he gave me a hug and whispered 'thank you' before I knocked on the door. A young girl who I guess to be around seventeen opened the door.
     "Daniel?" She whispered in shock and he ran into her legs and held then, I watched with a small smile as she knelt down to her little brother before I turned on my heel and walked down the porch steps. "Wait," she called and I turned back to look at her. "Who are you?"
     "That doesn't matter," I say softly.
     "She rescued me, Chels, she took me away from the bad men," he convinced her after tugging on her hand.
     "Thank you," she whispers hoarsely with tears in her eyes and I nodded once before walking away to the rental car.

~~~

Hey guys!
     Did you enjoy this chapter? Let me know with a comment, vote and add to your reading lists. It really encourages me to get writing.
     If you have any questions for me regarding this or my last book, upcoming books and ideas or  even some personal thinks that's you'd like to know about me let me know by either commenting, pasting on my profile or sending me a personal message and I'll answer them all in a Q&A book coming soon!

See you soon,
XOX

Published: 21/9/17
Edited: 10/1/18