The Beginning Of The End

"Wow these are so pretty," Murryn gushed over the rails of wedding dresses but I didn't share her enthusiasm and she picked up on that quickly. "What's wrong, Alexis? You're shopping for your wedding dress,you should be happy."
"When you get married who do you want it to be to?" I countered, I leaned down to be closer to her eye level but my eyes glanced up to her uncle posted by the door. He was one of my fathers many bodyguards and an impassive looking one at that; with him being under my fathers strict orders I had to play along for now.
"Josh of course. Marriage should be between two people who love each other, that's what I believe at least. Why do you ask?" She cocked her head and I nodded having expected that answer.
"So do I; my father on the other hand doesn't." Her gummy bear green eyes widened. "I wanted to marry the love of my life, but my father took him from me because my marriage is for business." She covered her mouth in shock and I stood back up.
"Was that the tall man you were with the other day?" She whispered as we walked through the racks and I simply nodded. I hadn't realized she'd been around to see us, not like it mattered.
"I'll take this one," I stated plainly to the sales lady standing by the till.
"Of course, please follow me, ma'am," she directed me to the dressing rooms and I entered with it. A few moments later I stepped out to show Murryn the long ivory fishtail dress. It wasn't my style at all and nothing like what I pictured I'd be wearing on mine and Soryu's wedding day but I couldn't think of that now.
"You look so pretty," Murryn told me as soon as I stepped in front of her.
"Thank you," I forced myself to smile then the sales lady rushed over. I knew she was about to gush about how the dress was 'so me' and that we were 'made for each other' but I didn't care to hear any of it so I just turned back around and closed myself off from them in the changing room.
I wanted to bawl from just seeing my reflection. I advanced towards the full length mirror and placed my hand against it.
"It should have been you, Soryu," I whispered but when I felt the hot sensation of a tear run down my cheek I quickly snapped back and wiped it away.
Just be strong for a little while longer. There are people counting on you.
I slipped out of the dress and took it back to the woman, "I'll have this and all of its matching accessories," I told her emotionlessly before leaving and waiting by the till.

     Upon arriving home I noticed an awfully bright yellow Lamborghini in the drive. It certainly didn't belong to any wolves as we only drove black cars which could only mean one thing: Thompson Jr was here.
It actually seemed fitting that he had terrible taste.
I walked the halls to report back to my father that I'd purchased a dress but I stopped in my tracks when Thompson Jr left my fathers office with an extremely smug look. His expression shifted and the smirk grew when he drew closer to me.
     "I look forward to the big day, my beautiful bride," he whispered and then dared to lay his fingers on my chin to turn my face to his. His touch pissed me off more than his words and in a second I had his hand bent uncomfortably behind his back in a position where with one more small, quick movement he'd have broken bones.
     "Touch me again and I'll take your head off, and I'm not talking about the one that wears that horrid smug smirk of yours," I threatened in a deathly quiet voice. He audibly and visibly gulped at the imagery of my cutting up his 'precious' jewels and when I released him he then straightened his brown tweed suit jacket and hurried off down the hall presumably to let himself out."I bought a dress," I told my father quietly after taking a seat in front of his desk.
     "Perfect because Roy and I just agreed on a date and venue," I frowned at this. I had no say in anything whatsoever. This was all his plan.
     "May I ask when and where?" He smiled brightly, as if he expected me to be happy with the coming news.
     "Of course darling, you'll like this. We've scheduled it to take place in three days; on Christmas Day."
     My expression stayed unmoving, that was too soon and I didn't yet have a plan to get out of this. "Very well, may I leave now?" My father nodded once and I left the room. Once I entered my own room again I decided to tidy up a little, it wasn't until a while into tidying that I realized my phone had actually received a message. I unlocked the device and swiped through to my messages, I hadn't expected it but it was a text from Aihara.

----------

I don't know if you even want to know this but here is the location of Soryu's last ping. We're all so sorry for your loss.

----------

Attached to the text was the directions to a wooded place called 'Arthur's Seat', I'd hearer of the place before, it was an extinct volcano just near the city center and a huge tourist attraction. Maybe I should pay the place a visit, maybe it would give me some closure.

~~~

Wayhey!
Here comes the holidays!
I'm still going to try to write because even I can't wait to see how this goes. But in the case that I cant update at least once more before the big day I wish you all a very merry Christmas!
     Show your love for this book by leaving a vote and comments telling me just how much you love it or what I could do to make you love it, I'm always open to suggestions on how to better my writing. Don't forget to save Guarded to your reading lists and share with your friends!
      I don't usually do this but this chapter is dedicated to the best damn reader ever illionaires. Girl your comments never fail to make me smile and or laugh! And check her out guys she writes too and her writing is absolutely amazing!

Love you guys!
XOX

Published: 22/12/17
Edited: 16/1/18