Sweet Tea

With Soryu's support and encouragement I wiped my tears and opened the book to the next entry.

31 March 1995

Dear Diary,

I've seen George everyday since the 21st, we always meet in the park by the lake and we'll go get something sweet to eat before I show him some of my favourites places. He's so funny and interesting: he told me that he has a really big family all over the world and that his grandfather is teaching him how to run the family business.
We went to the top of the Tokyo Tower today and he surprised me with a bouquet of roses and kissed me in front of everyone! It was so romantic!
I really like him now and I think he likes me too.. That makes me really happy.

Kim x

I gulped against my dry throat and flipped to the next entry.

15 April 1995

Dear Diary,

Sorry for not writing sooner, things have been a little hectic.
George finally asked me out!
I'm on top of the world right now!
I've never been so happy. Think I might be in love with him.

I met his grandfather for the first time today. He was a little scary at first- the deep scar on his cheek makes him look really intimidating but he was generally nice.
The Pierce family must be a pretty big deal since there were bodyguards all over the restaurant and our table.
But that was cool it felt like I was a VIP or something, haha.
I'll go now, I need to get a good nights sleep for tomorrow- George is taking me on a boat trip on the Tokyo Bay.

Goodnight,
Kim x

"Soryu, this is just detailing my mother and father meeting," I said to him slightly confused as to why Kishi was adamant that I should read it and nervous as to what I'd find out if I did continue.
"Maybe there's more you need to read?" He suggested and stood up, "you carry on reading and I'll bring you some sweet tea to calm your nerves." I smiled appreciatively and nodded.

16 May 1995

Dear Diary,

It's been a month since George and I started dating and I'm still the happiest girl in the world. Last night George took me to a fancy hotel called the Tres Spades. We stayed in the presidential suite that had a amazing view of the city. Everything was so high-end I almost felt out of place until George took me dress shopping in the boutiques on one of the floors.
He bought me a beautifully elegant dark green dress that reached the floor. Then he took me to get my hair, nails and makeup as well as pick out some jewelry to match. By the time we were finished I looked like a completely different girl. I felt so grown up but I did feel bag and he spend so much money on me, literally thousands.
He assured me I was worth every penny then took me down to the ballroom. We were attending the IVC's- a party for rich and famous people. Since George's grandfather was famous in England he and George were invited.
It was all so glamorous and I saw so many celebrities!
A few hours later we lost track of his grandfather and George decided it was time to head back to our room. I felt so nervous on the elevator up, I'd never stayed the night with a guy before.
When we'd settled down things started heating up.... He was so gentle with me and it was only a little painful.

This morning I felt really sick, I think I might've eaten too much at the party last night. I'm going to lay down for a while, hopefully it'll pass soon enough.

Kim x

I gasped slightly and looked up from the book. At some point during the last entry Soryu had quietly made his return and a steaming cup of sweet tea sat in front of me on the coffee table.
"Thank you," I said hoarsely while setting the still open book down then picking up the cup for a long sip, he replied by smiling gently and using his long fingers to brush my hair back over my shoulder.
"Don't thank me, just carry on reading," he said gently enough to encourage me to continue.

28 April 1995

Dear Diary,

I've still been feeling ill lately so I decided to go to the doctors to get treatment.
...I'm pregnant, two weeks.
I'm not sure whether or not I should tell George. He's leaving next month to go back to London and I don't know when I'll see him again.
I'm scared.
What should I do?

Kim x

"That was the day my mum found out she was pregnant with me.." I trailed off.

~~~

Hey guys!

Long time no see. 😉😂
I hope you enjoyed this chapter giving us a little look into the past with our girls mum's perspective.
If you did please vote, comment your thoughts and feelings and add guarded to your reading lists!
It's always greatly appreciated.

See you soon!
XOX

Published: 11/8/17
Edited: 8/1/18