A step back in time

Several days had passed since Soryu and I spent the night together. That next morning we'd decided to keep our relationship a secret, at least until I got control of the Grey Wolves. Now that we were sure there was no more suspicion surrounding us the Wolves had all moved back in and business was back to usual- which meant I had to finally wake up from my 'coma'. Soryu stayed seated on the low leather sofa to the left of my desk while I waited for my father to answer.
"Ah, Alexis, it's good to finally hear from you," he said into the receiver.
"I apologize for not being able to contact sooner."
"Not at all," he spoke and I knew he was wearing a dark smile. "I have a deal coming up next month, you're going to need to fly out to Scotland, Edinburgh to meet with me and our client."
I frowned at this. "Why must I be there?"
"Pardon me, are you questioning my leadership?" He asked in a calm but anger laced voice.
"Of course not sir, I'll make sure to be there, just send me the details."
"Good girl," he hung up.
Soryu piped up now that I've placed my phone on the desk. I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. "What did he say?"
"Nothing really, just that there's a deal in Scotland I need to attend next month," when I finally opened my eyes again Soryu was standing beside me and swung my chair to face him.
Crouched down he placed a soft kiss to my lips. "Don't worry, we'll figure out a way to over throw him," he reassured me and I smiled slightly.
"Thank you," I murmured and he nodded. Several hard knocks on my office door pulled us out of our little moment together and Soryu stepped away from me. "Come in," I instructed whoever was behind the door. To my surprise Kishi stepped inside, closing the door behind him, I sat back in my seat and crossed my arms. Since coming back Kishi had been spending a lot of time avoiding me so to have him here was odd. "May I help you?"
"No, I just have something I need to give you," he said then pulled out a familiar looking diary from his coat pocket. It was the same one up for auction a couple of months ago. "You should read this, I think the time is right," he noded while holding it out for me.
I eyed him suspiciously as I leaned forward and took it from him. "Is that all?"
"Yes miss, thank you for everything," he bowed deeply then left the room. I stared down at the closed diary in front of me. Bound in worn and torn dark brown leather it looked as though it was quite a few decades old and had been read and re-read several times.
I glanced up at Soryu, "what do you think?"
"I think you should read it, I can leave if you would like."
I shook my head, "please stay."
He paused for a moment to think. "I'll stay right here then," he decided and I stood up, having him over my shoulder felt strange at this moment. I walked over to the sofa and took a seat, soon the padding sunk under Soryu's weight beside me.
"Here goes nothing," I breathed out as I carefully opened the fragile looking diary.

21 March 1995

Dear Diary,

Wow Diary, today was amazing! I went out to the park to see the cherry blossoms and while I was there I bumped into this cute English boy. Like literally, I kinda ran into him at full speed while chasing after the note I'd dropped. He laughed it off though and apologized (which he totally didn't need to do, it was all my fault).
It was just as well I could speak English or we wouldn't have been able to talk to each other.
He's 19 years old, tall and tan with short sandy blonde hair and the most amazing blue eyes I have ever seen. They reminded me of the ocean.
We ended up walking around Tokyo for the whole day talking.
He's so cool!
He lives in London, England with his grandfather. He's visiting Japan for a few months while his grandfather works. He doesn't know his way around the city yet since he's never visited before but he asked me to show him around over the next few weeks. ME! He wants ME to show him!
I'm so nervous- and excited...
He even took me out to dinner at the new Italian restaurant in town to thank me! How sweet is that? And before we parted ways he called me beautiful.
Ah!
He was the perfect gentleman. Why can't guys here be more like that? All they ever do is mess around. I like a guy with class and dignity, just like George.

Anyway, I must go to bed now, I want to wake up early and make sure I look good for George tomorrow.

Goodnight,
Kim x

I snapped the book shut after I read the authors signature. It was my mother. No doubt about it, this was her diary. My eyes welled up as I stared at the closed book in my hands.
"It's okay," Soryu soothed me and wraps an arm around my shoulders to pull me towards him.

I wasn't sure whether I should continue reading or not. Vivid memories of my mother play in my head- images of her and my father looking happy together. I was in denial that this was real, but this was her unmistakeable hand writing, I could see that now.

~~~

Oh damn!

Now it's about to unravel.

(Heh, see what I did there? Y'all who watch or have watched Tokyo Ghoul will understand. Ps. What an awesome song that is.)

Anywhooo, I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote and add Guarded to your reading lists too!

Until next time,
XOX

Published: 10/8/17