Part 3

GLORRILAE VANESS

"Madam, kompleto na po ang council sa SSC room."

"Sige, susunod na ako."

I set aside the files I skimmed a while ago. I rearrange some things before I walk towards the SSC room. Nasa Principal's office ako kanina.

May mga nakasalubong akong schoolmates ko and they all greeted me politely.

"Good morning, Madam."

"Magandang umaga po, Madam President."

"Madam..."

Ilan lang 'yan sa mga narinig kong bati ng mga nakakasalubong ko. At isang sarcastic ng tingin lang ang ibinibigay ko sa kanila, indicating that I heard their greetings.

This place is sullen. Even the students here are gloomy as the bad weather. Araw-araw ay parang dinaanan ng bagyo ang school namin. It's always a bad weather here, I mean, figuratively. The dark theme and ambiance of the whole campus added the sorrow of this school. You can't find any traces of happiness in this place. And if you believe you can still find, even the tiniest bit, you can't find that here.

Nakarating ako sa Supreme Student Council Office at they're all here, I mean my officers, sitting promptly on their respective spaces in the long table here inside the office.

"Good morning, Madam President," sabay-sabay na bati nilang lahat. From the Vice-President down to the Councilors.

"Let's start the meeting now," panimula ko as I scan some of the notes on my table. "The table is now open to discuss about the upcoming Foundation day. Although it's two months from now, I just want everything to be organize as I want it to be."

I like the power, it gives me strength. I can easily look down to other people. I can mandate everything. At a young age, I was already trained to be one of the best leader in town, later on the entire Philippines.

"Madam, the different organizations just passed their proposal for the booths they want to build this coming Foundation day."

The Vice-President of the council, Ginger Mendoza, handed me a folder. As I scan it, I concluded that it's the summary or rather list of all the proposed booths.

But something caught my eye. Something I shouldn't be seeing.

"You know the rule, Mendoza! Why is it here? Do you think the principal will sign this shit? Do you think she'll approve this one? Hindi tayo naglolokohan dito ha? May I remind you."

Padarag kong ibinato sa kaniya ang folder na iyon sa sobrang inis.

"I-I'm s-sorry, Madam."

"You better be!" agarang sagot ko. "The rest of the proposal are quite interesting. Just cross out that one because you already know, from the very start, what I really mean."

I glared at her. Wala akong pakialam kung Vice-President siya. Ako pa rin ang Presidente rito. Ako ang may hawak ng council na ito.

The council continued discussing about the Foundation day. But my mind remained on that suggested booth na dahilan nang outburst ko kanina.

Ginagalit ba ako ng Barreto'ng ito?

"Madam President, the Registrar Office just sent this files of the new students who will be transferring next week."