♕ | Prologue

______________

______________

"Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people that live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world; decent, innocent. If you look closer though, you start seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town, is Riverdale."
_____________

Archie Andrews and Betty Cooper have been inseparable friends for as long as they can remember; but that's just all they'll ever be, just friends. Those two words will forever haunt Betty, leaving a permeant, aching scar within her warm heart.

Archie is a troubled man, with many secrets, lies and regret. He is on thin ice with his long time best friend Jughead, who is just another mystery in the small town. Jughead has known Betty for years, always felt something for her. He didn't know exactly what, but it was something.

When they were kids they would ride their bikes to Pop's every Sunday and order their favourite dish: classic vanilla milkshakes.

But of course, it was never just Betty and Jughead, it was always Archie too. He was overshadowing, powerful without even realizing it, dominating the social class at Riverdale High, and slowly loosing his relationship with Jughead. Maybe the reason Jughead never said anything about that spark he felt inside his stomach whenever he thought of Betty, was because he saw the fire in her eyes whenever she looked at Archie. As long as Archie was there, Jughead was invisible.

Until now.

[STARTED: March 16, 2017][FINISHED: May 16, 2018]

[FINISHED: May 16, 2018]

Gif by the lovely voidmoriarty