♕ | Chapter Thirty

chapter thirty: bombshell

betty

FACING MY MOTHER'S wrath isn't exactly the best way to start my morning. It's such a shame too considering my sleep last night was extraordinary. I was hoping to get up bright and early and start my morning off in a song and dance. That was the exact mood Jughead had put me in. The only person that could dampen it was my mother.

And she did severely.

It was if I was a nice ray of sunshine, and she was a storming black cloud.

She was mad that I ran off, that I disappeared as if it were my choice. I know she's only angry because she cares for me, that she feared for my life but honestly I feel like she's annoyed that I caused another problem, like I was a burden this family had to carry around. God knows us Coopers have enough problems at hand.

I told her the same bullshit story I told everyone else; I passed out because of my hand and the Blossoms cared for me. That of course only made my dad and her angrier, seeing as this was seen as a debt we now owed to their enemy. They didn't know the truth though, the truth that there may be a chance that I was kidnapped. For now I planned on keeping that a secrete.

It's still early in the morning, and since I was woken up early to hear a scolding from my mother, I'm now laying on my bed fully dressed and ready for the school day, just waiting for time to pass.

I don't think too much about the car I saw last night, the eerie teal Volkswagen Beetle that sat so specifically in front of my house last night. I feel much more comforted now that it's gone. Perhaps all the stress just made me imagine it.

I find myself so deep into my thoughts that I almost choke on my own scream as a pounding sound comes from my bedroom window.

I sit up abruptly, whipping my head over to my window so fast, I literally hear my neck crack. I'm gonna feel that one tomorrow.

However, everything within me relaxes once I make out the familiar beanie through the glass window. With a smile on my face, I swing my legs over the bed and onto the floor, nearly skipping my way over to the window.

"Morning, Romeo." I crack a smile as I lift the heavy window.

Jughead shoots me a short smile, but the way he quickly pushes up the window and hops inside my room rather alarms me. I know something is off.

"What's wrong-"

"I need to know Betty," He stammers, out of breath. It's almost like he ran here. He didn't run here, did he?

"Know what Jughead!" I exclaim, starting to become panicked. Jughead never acts like this. He never acts so rushed, and so worried. His eyes are practically screaming with concern, his lips pleading with me.