♕ | Chapter Forty-One

chapter forty-one: it's not my birthday but i'll party if i want to

betty

*50+ votes until next chapter*

TO ANYONE that knows me, they know the kind of organizational manic I am. I plan on how to make plans, overthink everything and set schedules that organize every second of my life. It's insane, I know, but without these schedules my whole life get's thrown off balance.

Tonight I had planned to throw Jughead a simple surprise party, nothing but a small group of us hanging out in celebration of Jughead. I had planned on spending quality time with Jughead, from watching a movie with him to feeding each other cake. I had it all planned out, and now Cheryl Blossom had completely ripped it to shreds.

Our quiet evening had turned into a wild teenage party, with the focus on getting drunk rather than celebrating Jughead's birthday. I'm pretty sure half of the people don't even know why they're here; they're just looking for any reason to get drunk. I'm pretty sure one of them could throw a funeral for their fish and they would turn it into an excuse to drink.

The party erupted full throttle about half an hour ago, and already all the bathrooms are taken up by idiotic teenagers who think they're invincible to the effects alcohol can have on the body. Obviously they don't know their limit, but to be honest neither do I. I've never gotten drunk before, never once really drank at a party. I've never had an interest in waking up the next morning feeling like a sickened sloth or spending the whole night by the toilet. Call me a goodie two shoes, but that's how I like it.

I sip on a plastic red cup filled with water, silently observing the chaos around me. Cheryl stands by the fireplace with her tongue sticking down some football guy's throat while Kevin and Joaquin are getting it on in the corner. Everywhere I look there's either people making out, dancing or throwing up. I frankly don't know what to do with myself.

All I want is Jughead, but he's nowhere to be found. Deep down I feel as if he doesn't really want to see me never mind speak with me right now. The way he seemed so distraught about the small birthday gathering was already bad enough, but now that it's a full blown party, I can't imagine what he's like.

Thankfully I spot Veronica across the room by the kitchen, waving me over. I smile as I walk over, appreciating the fact that she saved me the embarrassment of standing alone by myself.

"Hey," She greets as she pours herself another drink.

"Hey," I have to practically shout over the loud music.

"Having fun?" She asks without looking at me. Apparently it takes a lot of concentration to get the coke to rum ratio correct.

When I don't answer, she looks up with a soft expression, her hand rubbing my back. "Are you okay, Betty?" She asks. "Is this about the huge party? Because I can get them all to leave in about five minutes if you want them to. All it takes is one call to the cops to spoil the fun."