♕ | Chapter Forty-Nine

chapter forty-nine: toss it in the flood

*50+ votes until next chapter*

betty

"The sea of self hatred is flooding, and oh my god, tonight I'm drowning"

AFTER the devastating revelation that unfolded in that short video, I made a single phone call. I told everything to Cheryl, despite how much it would sting at first, knowing it was for her own good. She was living with a murderer, who later I would find out was also the culprit to my kidnapping several weeks ago, only confirming my suspicions. Truth be told that Clifford Blossom was a monstrous, murderous pig who wanted nothing but to make more money. It appeared that Jason was getting in the way of that, so he was murdered. I was in the way of them reaching Polly, so I was kidnapped.

To add to the escalation, later that night, Clifford Blossom was found dead after an apparent suicide in the maple syrup barn. However, it was later discovered that it wasn't maple syrup at all that laid the foundation of the Blossom business, but rather a front for his real business- heroine.

It can be said that Jason learned about his father's undisclosed black market business, and threatened to expose him, which in the end resulted in his death. It was later revealed that Clifford threatened Jughead's life, forcing F.P to take the fall for the murder after all he did was clean up the mess.

As more information flooded from the police investigation, everything was starting to come together. The motives, the murder and why F.P lied. The only thing missing was what place Penelope and Cheryl had in everything. As far as everyone knows, Penelope and Cheryl were innocent, and ignorant in the fact that the very man they loved was a monster. Penelope may not be purely innocent, but Cheryl on the other hand is completely raw, making me question how she's handling all this newly developed information.

Two days have passed since that dreadful night, and already Cheryl has returned to school. Frankly I didn't even want to return to school as my stomach is still sick just thinking about what happened, and it wasn't even my father.

After a long, tedious day of school the four of us agree to meet up at Pop's to incorporate some normal activities in our abnormal lives. I walk in with my coat covering half my face to protect me from the painful bite that runs through the harsh wind outside in the winter-land hell. However, as I spot Veronica, Archie and Jughead at the booth in our signature spot, something inside me warms up immediately, especially when Jughead smiles back at me. 

"Hey," I smile, scooting into the vacant seat beside Jughead. 

"Hey, Bets," he smiles against my cheek before placing a kiss upon it. I shift as close as I can to him in the seat to keep warm, soaking in his comfort. I know his mental state is still impaired, however it's better than it was yesterday now that we know that his father was not the killer, but rather framed. That still doesn't omit the fact that his father is still going to jail. That is something that Sheriff Keller made very clear; Jughead's father is not off the hook yet, however that is something Juggie and I have decided not to talk about until it comes. For now his father is to stand before a court, meaning until the time being he can return home.