Chapter 3: "Mother trying to kill us and I have yet to be surprised"

The next morning once Layla woke up she dressed herself in a pair of ripped skinny jeans she'd found, black combat boots, leather jacket and a grey loose shirt. When she made it downstairs she walked over to the couch plopping down on it. "Wonderful family gathering?" Layla asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes sister and it was so much more pleasurable before you showed up." Kol snapped making Layla narrow her eyes at him turning to Elijah who held up a herb tied together.

"That's sage, witches use it, it silences a room." Layla explained to him speeding over to him.

"Our mother is the only witch in this house." Elijah informed her with a sigh.

"Well, well, well there's out girl." Kol called out as Rebekah walked in with sex hair and clothes from the night before. Layla watched amused at the events as Kol sped over to her blocking her way into the room.

"Get out of my way Kol." Rebekah spat not in the mood for his antics.

"Out all night what a scandal!" Kol called out teasingly as a grin formed on his face. "I trust you did better than that commoner, Matt was it?" Kol taunted with a satisfied gleam in his eye as Rebekah glared at him.

"If you don't shut your mouth the next thing to come out will be your teeth." Rebekah threatened him. "Don't start Nik" Rebekah yelled pushing her way past Kol.

"I didn't say anything." Klaus sighed.

"I'm bored." Kol called out from the background. "Our sister is a strumpet but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment."

"What are you waiting for? Have at it." Klaus sighed.

"It's no fun to go alone. Join me Nik, it's the least you could do after sticking a dagger in my heart." Kol concluded guilt tripping Klaus who smiled giving in.

"Fine I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date." Klaus snapped walking out of the room with Kol following like a puppy.

"Yes please go this house has enough men rolling around in it." Rebekah called out making Kol grin. Layla looked down with a smirk knowing what was to come next.

"Just like you Bekah" Kol called out with a grin running out of the room.

"Good riddance both of you." Rebekah called out throwing her shoe at after Kol.

"Rebekah" Elijah called out.

"My que to leave. I'll see you around strumpet." Layla teased walking out of the room and out of the house. She got in her car driving into the first bar she found outside of Mystic Falls. Walking into the bar she ordered herself a drink.

"How you been doing girly?" The bartender asked with a small smile pouring her a beer. She took a sip grimacing but finishing it quickly ordering another one.

"Hm hungry, drama and confinement make me hungry. I guess one of the drawbacks of being me, my hunger, the one thing that makes me truly unforgiveable and evil, it is never satisfied. I've lived for a thousand years but I've only known life for 100 of those years. I'm too hungry for idle chit chat." Layla commented drawing in a breath she then grabbed the mans throat shoving his head against the table as she drained him dry. Once she pulled away she looked around and smirked eventually killing everyone in the bar draining them dry. After she'd quenched her thirsty with the 70ish people in the room she sat on the bar drinking some of the alcohol she'd never tried before. Layla soon after felt something hurting in her chest. Sitting up she jumped off the bar and stumbled to the ground feeling the sensation of being daggered. She cried out in pain dying. Not too long after she woke breathing in heavily she drove off to Mystic falls and for a text from Elijah telling her to meet him somewhere. Once she made it she got out of the car she walked over to the group with a frown. "Mother trying to kill us and I have yet to be surprised." Layla commented as Elijah looked disgusted at her appearance drenched in blood.

"My sons and daughter come forward." Esther urged them stepping into her protected circle as the siblings walked forward. Fin was in the circle holding his mother's hand much to Layla and her brother's disgust. Kol walked up to the circle and the fire raged as he grew closer. Turning away he had a sad malic look appearing on his face.

"That's wonderful we're stuck out here while the favourite son plays sacrificial lamb. How pathetic you are." Kol spat with a deadly glower as Fin looked between his siblings hating himself for letting them hate him but he wanted to die. He needed to.

"Be quiet Kol, your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine." Esther spat narrowing her eyes at Kol. Layla stood beside her brother trying to stand tall among people more than an inch taller than her.

"Coming from the mother who is trying to kill her children." Layla spat in defence of her brother.

"My only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago." Esther informed them.

"Enough all this talk is boring me, end this now mother or I'll send you back to hell." Klaus spat stepping forward slightly.

"For a thousand years I've been forced to watch you, felt the pain of every victim suffered while you shed blood even you Elijah with your claim to nobility you're no better than your ripper sister Layla. All of you, you're a curse on this earth, stretched out over generations, if you've come to plead for your life, I'm sorry you've wasted your time." Esther spoke looking between all of them. Esther then closed her eyes trying to complete the spell. "No sisters do no abandon me!" Esther yelled out falling only for Fin to catch her. The fire raged on and then went out quickly. Just like that Esther and Fin were gone. Layla walked forward with her brothers looking around. Blinking away a tear Layla threw her head back shaken at the near death experience. When the got back to the house Layla was curled up in a ball drawing in a breath. Kol walked into her room and gave her a small smile.

"We are freshly out of a box sister. I'm leaving wouldn't want to leave without my favourite sibling." Kol stated with a toothy grin. Layla looked up at him standing up with a sigh.

"Hmm I wonder what they've done to the world" Layla tried before going and packing her bags and heading off with Kol.

"I feel like stopping in Denver first. Maybe we'll get a pretzel; Nik tells me they are good." Kol informed her with a kind smile for his older sister. Layla had always been close with Kol. He'd been there in her darkest moments. Seen her through her worst struggles like none of the other siblings had seen.