Chapter 35: "I fancy you Lucien"

FLASHBACK:

Layla was sitting on the ground with Rebekah boredly as the 'Calvary of women' cheerfully clapped at how impressive throwing an axe was. Getting up quickly she walked back inside of the castle. Lucien knocked on her door at night as Layla had instructed. Pulling him into her room she gave him a wide smile and the two sat near her balcony. The two had grown close over the month the Mikaelson family. The two were sitting inside looking out at the raging rain that had begun. "How did you know?" Lucien asked amazed.

"I used to fancy the forecast man in my old village. He taught me the signs of a raging storm." Layla informed him playfully.

"You never cease to amaze me lovely Layla." Lucien flirted with her as she boldly placed her lips upon his lips. Lucien pulled away alarmed and confused awaiting an answer.

"I fancy you Lucien. You've been a much needed friend to me but I like you too much to continue with just that." Layla informed him with a soft hopeful voice. A grin spread to Lucien's lips as he pulled her in for a soft kiss placed upon her lips.

"I have fancied you since the day you nearly killed me." Lucien informed her jokingly and Layla grinned. "You are the only lady for me." Lucien whispered making Layla chuckle kissing him again.

"You'll never meet another girl like me." Layla informed him with a genuine smile.

"There is not another lady like you." Lucien rebuffed kissing her again. Urging further Layla pulled him close to her overcome with lust to which Lucien pushed her away from him. "Layla as much I would love to tryst with you I cannot compromise your virtue and good name." Lucien whispered concerned.

"I am a monster there is nothing good about me." Layla informed him trying to persuade him. However Lucien declined. "What do you request?"

"I request your patience with me." Lucien whispered placing one last kiss on her.

END OF FLASHBACK:

Upon getting up Klaus showed up at her room furious. "You need to see Lucien's witch." Klaus informed her grabbing her hand and storming off. Once they stood there in the room Layla looked to him annoyed. "Drink from her." Klaus forced her.

"I do not wish to share with you." Layla informed him coldly as she grabbed the witches neck feeding on the witch draining the blood as it poured down her throat flashes of a group walked closer to what she could see chanting and a two faces showed up with red glowing eyes. Pulling away Layla's eyes widened turning to him with a frown.

"What did you see?" Klaus snapped looking to Layla who shook her head.

"Witches." Layla replied.

"One said by lover," Klaus added. "Rebekah spilled the beans once she saw you and Lucien running off, you in a wedding gown. I know of your tryst." Klaus called out making Layla narrow her eyes at him.

"And just how long have you been waiting to confront me on that?" Layla snapped getting in Klaus' face and his eyes darkened as the tow disappeared from the home into their home.

"Oh too long sister." Klaus spat angrily.

"Good thing I am no Rebekah. I am full of anger Nik and I will destroy you if you try to destroy me." Layla spat with venom shoving past him. She then showed up at a bar ordering herself a shot of tequila.