2

"Yeah, I think so. I'm not sure." I shrug to a classmate of mine, who just asked me a question regarding the subject we're writing today.

He nods and buggers off to bother someone else.

I pluck my earphones in and patiently wait for the invigilator.

They tend to arrive late in the mornings so I feel comfortable putting them in.

Just then the fat girl arrives alongside her dreadlocked friend, laughing at something one of the other said.

They are always laughing.

As they're about to pass me, I quickly look away and focus my attention on something else.

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see her standing at the opposite side of the wall I am leaning against.

The invigilator finally arrives and I find that she's my math teacher.

I had a couple of questions I would have liked to ask her regarding the math exam tomorrow but I can't because I cannot ask a teacher a question. 

Don't ask me why, because I also don't know why either.

Everyone enters the classroom and takes their seats. I pull out my earphones and curl them inside my pockets.

The invigilator informs us that the times are still the same. Shocking.

Once she's done, the class does the usual thing of taking out their books and studying for the time being until lunch break.

The fat girl turns around and takes out her books. Once she places them on the table, she looks up and instantly meets my eyes. Again, my stare on her stays for an unknown reason.

She turns around and starts studying but I swear I see her cheeks widen -from my view at the back- a bit as if she was smiling again.

---

It's finally lunch break and everyone does the usual thing of jumping up, tucking their books in and getting out as if the classroom was on fire.

I have no idea why, but I took a slower time than usual to tuck my books in, resulting in me being the last one to leave the class.

As I pass by the fat girl's desk, my eyes dart over to her floral bag.

It's nice.

I go meet up with my squad and start our walk around the school, chattering away and occasionally laughing. And by occasionally laughing, I mean they are laughing, not me.

I don't like laughing.

We turn a corner and I spot the fat girl standing with her group of friends.

My eyes focus in on her. She's wearing the usual sport uniform which is an oversized sports jacket and tracksuit pants.

My school wears a sports uniform from Tuesday to Thursday, and academic wear on Monday and Friday.

I don't have the sports uniform yet so I'm always wearing the academic uniform.

My eyes trail down to her shoes and see a rocking, nice pair of bright pink Nike's.

I didn't notice how close we were as we passed them before I looked up and saw her right there.

My eyes immediately met with hers before she looked away and focused her attention back on her friends.