27

[Wendy's P.O.V]

*4 weeks later*

Hell.

That's the only word I can use to describe how the past 3 weeks were.

Hell.

I didn't know when Tyler would wake up again.

If he would wake up again.

But he finally did.

After 3 long weeks of crying, begging, professing of love, skipping school, the works.

The works of your typical, supportive girlfriend.

Except I'm not actually his girlfriend, now am I?

It bothered me.

What Tammy-Lee had said bothered me a lot. What if it was actually the medication talking?

What if he had a little amnesia from the medication and the alcohol poisoning, causing him to remember loving me as the last thing?

Which meant that if he saw Tammy-Lee again, he would remember that she was his recent love.

All that bothered me.

If the roles were switched.

Would he be sitting here? Would his eyes be as red and puffy? Would he even care? Would he even bother? Would his marks deteriorate from the lack of school attendence?

These thoughts bothered me.

This was until he had squeezed my hand and slowly opened his eyes 1 week ago.

Everything felt like it was worth it.

He looked around the room, clearly confused, before his eyes landed on me.

He did the last thing I had expected him to do.

He cried.

Though I was shocked, I couldn't help the tears that were already brimming my eyes.

So the first few minutes after he had woken up from a three week coma was a tearful fiesta.

I don't know why he was crying but my tears were tears of joy.

Tears of relief.

Tears of love.

After our tear ducts had emptied up, as if on cue, Tyler's mother walked in.

She was holding a tray of food, until she walked in and saw her son awake.

She unawaringly dropped the tray to the side table and ran to his side.

Tyler's mother and I had gotten significantly close.

We cried together, shared memories together, shared our hopes, even prayed together.