one

lexis pov

lexis pov

flashback, age: 14

"im leaving." i said crying while sitting on his bed. "my mom is making me move tomorrow."

"what?" i could see the confusion in his eyes.

"i'm moving, carl. i'm,"

"lexi, your mom can't make you move. you can live here with us, with me."

"no. i can't. that's just taking up space and another mouth for fiona to feed."

"no, it's not." carl grabbed my hands, pulling me closer to him.

"carl. i can't." i glanced down at our hands before whipping a a tear off my cheek. this was already hard enough, now having to pull away from him and leave, it made it all the more impossible.

he stares at me for a couple seconds, blinking away his tears, "does this mean,"

i cut him off, "yeah, carl, we can't like each other anymore." he looked away from me and to our hands like i was.

"im sorry. i really need go." i got up and walked to his door, but as soon as i got there he hugged me from behind. "im going to miss you, lexi." he turned me around so i was facing him and he kissed me on the lips.

that was going to be my first and last kiss with him.

-
back story on carl and lexi

carl and lexi never dated. in lexi's eyes, they were to young and they couldn't date. they hung out like friends, they just had feelings for each other. the feeling was 'like' and not 'love'. they liked each other when they were younger because they didn't know what love was.

i don't show this in the story very well as the writer (i'm sorry i was 16 when i wrote this story. i'm 20 now and i cringe at my own work.) so i just wanted to let you guys know so it's not confusing or fucking weird. ANYWAY.
-

present, age: 16

"mom, we moved 2 years ago from the south side, now you decide, 'oh i can't get a job here in alabama so i'm going to move again'?" i rolled my eyes while watching the women i call mom shove as much shit into her bag as possible.

"lexi, im sorry. we shouldn't have moved, but we did. now it's time to move back. i made a mistake, i understand that, but i'm fixing it." she yelled at me as she shoved more of her belongings into a bag.

"whatever. im going to my room." i got up and went to the stairs. "and i know we are moving because of your old boyfriend not because of a new job offer, don't lie to me mom."

my mother once dated this guy named andrew while we lived at our old house on the south side. he was a nice guy i guess but he makes my mom become, well pretty much, his bitch, and she thinks it's love. im 16 years old and i know that, that, is not love.

i packed my things into boxes. we move in three days, and in those three days i move back to the south side of chicago. i have so many old memories from when i lived there, i'm not sure if those memories are all good ones but their memories and i'm not sure if i'm ready to go back to those memories.

i finished up my last box of things i won't need for the next three days. all i really had left was my pillow, blanket, and a couple extra clothes. those will get me through the next couple of days.

i've changed a lot from when i lived in south side. my hair color is now brown from the alabama sun. i've grown 4 inches taller. i grew boobs and an ass. i got my braces off, and got contacts so i don't have to wear glasses. im almost a whole new person. and when i say that, i am not kidding.

maybe no one will even know it's me, lexi anderson. maybe he won't remember me.