thirty five

lexis pov

we got back to the house and carl and i sat on their stairs.

"i should probably go home and change." i stated.

"can i come?"

"mhm."

we both stood up and carl grabbed my hand. we both walked across the street, getting up to my front door and walking in.

"welcome home." my mom says sitting on the couch.

"ignore her." i say to carl and we walk over to the stairs.

"so you're a slut now? you bring a boy over when you're in a bra and underwear." she says. carl turns and looks at her.

"look, mom of the year. lexi is not a slut, and it's a swim suit. and your daughter is the most amazing girl, so stop fucking calling her names." carl starts.

"look boy, i don't know you, but you need to leave. i never want you in my house again."

"mom, stop."

"I SAID LEAVE, I DON'T WANT HIM HERE, I DONT KNOW WHO HE IS."

"mom," i say quietly, "it's carl, he used to come over all the time before we left, he's my bestfriemd, the boy you always told me to marry. you know who he is."

"yeah i know who he is, he's a rude boy who thinks he can tell adults what to do. he needs to leave. i'm going to the bar. you two better not be here when i get home." she says slamming the door shut.

"sorry." i look over at him.

"never apologize for parents. now go change, you smell like chlorine." he says.

i run up the stairs, carl following. we get to my room and walk in. carl sits on my bed and i rummage through my closet.

i feel carls hands go around my waist and he starts kissing my neck. i turn around and he keeps kissing my neck. he looks up and i kiss his lips. he kisses back and puts his hand on my cheek. "thanks for saying yes."

"thanks for asking."