six

carls pov

"well you can come live with me when or if that happens." i heard debs say. i was listening through her door because i heard her slam her door shut so it peeked my interest. i could hear that she was with a girl, but this girl, i think i knew this girl. the voice sounded familiar.

"its her, now stop eavesdropping." ian said while walking to the bathroom.

"what? her? who's her?"

lexis pov

"dude did i tell you," debbie grabs her phone, "im pregnant."

"what, no fucking way. who's the father?" i pushed myself back on her bed so my back was against the wall.

"his name is derek. of and fiona is not okay with the pregnancy, so don't bring it up with her please."

"does she actually know though?" i sent a cheeky smile at her while debbie smirked.

"yes, she just thinks i'm to young."

"well," i smirk and she hits me in the arm.

"speaking of baby, i have to piss again, i'll be right back." debbie says. she walks to the door and opens it wide enough where i see the one gallagher i was praying i wouldn't have to have words with. he's standing at the door looking at me. he just stares, as do i. it wasn't the most comfortable thing, but it didn't feel completely weird either.

he broke the eye contact and walked off to the stairs. why didn't i say anything? hi or hey. what is wrong with me?

i got off the bed and ran to debbies door, calling for carl.

"carl wait," i said. why did i say that, what do i say? i run out of debbies room and to the top of the stairs. hes standing there. he watches as i get in front of him. he's taller than me. maybe three inches taller.

"shes back." he almost mumbles to himself.

"i am." i answer and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"how?" he shook his head at me while blinking a couple extra times. "why?"

why.

"i moved back, same house." i quietly answered his question.

he nodded at my response and walked down the stairs. do i follow?

i see debbie from the corner of my eye, she was watching. she gave me a sympathetic look. i felt tears. lexi stop don't cry. debbie walks up to me and hugs me. "lexi he misses you, and he still loves you."

loves me, more like hates me.

carls pov

she talked to me, and i talked to her. she was real. why though, why was she here?

"ian did you know lexi was, uh coming back?" i asked as i got to the kitchen.

"no but i saw her walk out of patsys pies with fiona and we ended up walking home."

"did she mention me at all?" i asked while taking a bite of the sand which ian just made. ian slapped me away.

"she did mention your name with me." fiona says while walking up behind me.

"and heres what i think, you both miss each other. you two just don't have to guts to say that to each other, so here's advice, man up and talk to lexi, or you'll lose her." fiona said and walked upstairs.

"shes right man. lexi didn't tend to hurt you either, her mom is the one who made her leave, she didn't leave you because she wanted to she left you because she had to." ian said biting into his sand which himself.

hes right. they all are right.