Les Rois du Monde

As I stood near a fountain, I felt a presence "Sis hey I found you." James looked worried as he saw tears falling from my face." Listen, Anahi I know this is my fault I am aware."

I gasped, pushing my brother to one side " I'm a very protective brother, and I hate it when one of my friends try anything with you."

"Anahi you are my little sister and my ONLY, and it pisses me off when someone hurts you!" he grabbed my arm preventing me from leaving, waiting for my answer.

"I know you get worried James, but I'm not a little kid anymore soon I'll be nineteen, and going to college. Eventually, you need to open your eyes. I can take care of myself." fighting with my brother was hard.

James was and still is very protective, and I understand that he is the type of guy who worries about other's first and I love him, but there are times where I need to learn from my mistakes.

I love my brother with all of my heart; he has been with me every since my parents left and never came back, leaving us alone to take care of ourselves, since that day we grew stronger as brother and sister. There are times I just don't get what goes through his head, but deep down inside I understand.

"I know Sis, but besides our uncles, you are the only family left, and I adore you very much that it hurts me when I see you cry knowing it's my fault or some other guy's fault," He hugged me. A part of me wants to be mad at him.

But the other part tells me to understand him and forgive him, so I did besides today is my prom, and we will have fun. Drying my tears and facing me brother I smiled even if my heart hurt.

"Come on let's go dance; you owe me one after you took my other date from me," He winced as I pulled him to the ballroom, Alexander was waiting for us, a worried expression on his face.

After clearing the air and dancing the night away, it was time for the most awaited moment, Prom Queen, and King. No, I was not nominated, but that was okay, I love watching from afar while they coronate the winner.

Suspense surrounded the ballroom, while all the girls waited for the answer. Hikari and I just stood near the food table filling our dishes with strawberries, marshmallows, macarons, chocolate, Twizzlers, gummies and more. A few minutes later Jennifer joined us at the table.

Taking advantage of all the food we filled our dishes enough for our table, (not really but let's pretend the food is for everyone when in reality it's for the three of us).

"Oh hey! food," Well there goes my opportunity to eat all of this by myself, James reached and took one chocolate from me.

Just as I was about to sit next to my brother, he stood up winked at me and changed places with Alexander. 'Enjoy your date' He mouthed, I had no time to react just a few seconds later he was talking with Derek as if we didn't exist, so here we were talking while we waited for them to call the winner.

After minutes of waiting they finally named the lucky girl "Anabelle Reine!!" people clapped, shouted and cheered as a girl with a beautiful salmon dress stood up from her table and walked to the center of the dance floor. She looked stunning, an air of confidence surrounded her with every step she took.

 The crown was carefully placed on her head, her smile brightened and the spotlight was on her, she looked like a princess

The crown was carefully placed on her head, her smile brightened and the spotlight was on her, she looked like a princess. No, scratch that, a Queen.

I'm the type of girl who hates wearing dresses, but seeing Anabelle in front of me I must admit her dress is beautiful, although I don't like the color. I'm more of a black type of clothes.

Finally, they named the Prom King, Travis St John. His name even sounded like royalty, the perfect combination, St John and Reine, He was tall, blonde and with blue eyes, while Anabelle had gray eyes, pale skin, and black curly hair styled in a beautiful bun.

Both Prom Queen and King shared their first dance, and little by little couples filled the dance floor leaving me alone with my food and Alexander; we sat there laughing, watching my brother dance with a beautiful girl around his age.

Just when I was about to stand up and go for more food Alexander stopped me "Anahi, would you do me the honor of dancing with me?" My eyes widened, and I nodded leaving the food behind.

Alexander placed his hand lightly on my hip as I laid my hand securely on his shoulder while my right hand intertwined with his. His gaze landed on my eyes as he smiled at me letting the music take over our bodies.

He twirled me around, lifted me up a little and dipped me leaning forward, I stared at his shining blue eyes as his breathing turned shallow

He pulled me closer, bodies nearly touching, faces slightly close. My face turned a light shade of pink, and my heart skipped a bit as our eyes met unable to look away, I felt something, but it was hard to put in words.

I just couldn't describe what was happening, but deep inside I knew he felt that spark as he took a deep breath and pulled me back up close to him. After that little moment, we continued dancing, my heart beating faster than usual, we never said a word as we glided through the dance floor forgetting the people around us.

At that moment I lost control of my mind and body, our bodies molded perfectly with one another as he pulled me closer, this? This is new; I never felt this way before, I took a deep breath his scent enveloping me.