Anti Valentine's day

Of course, that year, as the same as any other year I got a huge nothing, nada, nichts, well, there was a time my best friends and I got huge bouquets of red roses from my brother and his friends, that was it, but that year everything changed for worse. A few weeks ago I sent William a cookie, which only cost me twenty bucks.

The big day came I finished my exams, and we were waiting in our classroom for the girls from 12th grade to announce who got flowers and all that "romantic stuff," the names went by. The girls shouted out from excitement, hugged and jumped giggling while taking their gifts from different guys; I was just talking with my friends when the unexpected happened. I was shocked when they said my name.

I left my stuff and dashed directly to where the girls were. They gave me a Cookie with a little tag "which said as follows: To William From Anahi,"  Well, that must be a mistake I thought, but as the hours went by I couldn't stop thinking about it, my friends thought the same, probably they mixed the names.

I was very excited at first. I mean the guy I had a HUGE crush on gave me a cookie that could be a good sign right? But when you least expect it everything changes in less than a minute, as they say, anything can fall out in a second.

It came to my mind that just a few weeks before Valentine's, my best friend Joanna was by my side when I ordered the cookie to the girls from 12th grade, they asked her if the cookie was for a friend or a boyfriend, Joanna said Best Friend. In that same cookie I got, it said BF in pink, the tag wasn't a misunderstanding; that fucking cookie was the one I sent him!!.

Victoria kept telling me that I was wrong, to not think that way and be positive, Joanna talked to the principal about it.

 At the same time, my math teacher told me I had passed my exam, and I should be happy for the first time, but when I say good grade I mean a big fat D-.

But the worst thing came. The principal came and told me it was ALL a huge misunderstanding, That damn cookie was supposed to go to William!!.

The tears fell without stopping, my world came crashing down, and all 36 girls were watching my every move, Charlotte told me she was seeing William in the afternoon, that she could give him the cookie.

But Joanna took a bite of that cookie saying it was hard and dry, so I gave her one of my own, I was pretty sure Charlotte never gave him the stupid cookie. From that moment my hate for Valentine's day started, and after all these years I still hate it with all my heart.