Movie Night

By fun, I mean order room service and watch a horror movie with the guys and Juliette. An hour passed by since James arrived, and they were still laughing and joking around in their room. Rolling my eyes, I pick up the phone from the nightstand, and order a grilled cheese with a chocolate milkshake. If they are not going to join me, I might as well start without them and enjoy my night.

Now that I think about it. I needed this, some alone time to think about the events that happened a few days ago. It's funny how things can change in the blink of an eye.

When you least expect it, things happen, and it just takes you by surprise. I am happy about this, about us but still, in the back of my mind, James' reaction worries me. Maybe I am exaggerating, and I am letting my anxiety get the best of me.

Or maybe because I know from experience that James can be very overprotective, especially when it comes to his friends. I get it completely. I feel like ever since my parents died, James feels a huge responsibility to take care of me, from a very young age I think James has felt like he needs to protect me from not getting hurt.

Ever since he saw me crumble into tiny pieces when the police came to our door informing us of our parent's accident, it's something that he doesn't want to experience anymore. I could tell his heart broke into tiny pieces after seeing me like that. But it wasn't the first time.

When my very first boyfriend cheated on me years ago, I cried for days, isolating myself in my room, becoming distant and cold with everyone who surrounded me. I had no idea how to deal with these situations, that was my very first boyfriend, and I had no mother or father to guide me through certain stages of my life.

James' heart broke for the second time in his life as he saw me, depressed and cold, thanks to one boy. He took the role of a parent and a brother at the same time, giving me advice when needed, but also teaching me how to be a strong-willed person.

He helped and defended me at all costs, to the point where he scared the guy off. At least that's what James said, but I have a feeling he didn't just talk to him like he said.

But I am pretty sure he also gave him a few punches, because the very next day I saw my ex limping and with a purple eye and broken nose, while my brother only had three scratches on his 'handsome face' as he usually says.

Maybe if James finds out about us, it wouldn't that bad, right? Hopefully, I can talk to Alex about this before it's too late, I want to be able to go out without being anxious and scared to be seen with him by one of my brother's friends and colleagues.

I shake my head, trying to get rid of these anxious thoughts. I grab the control remote and start searching for a scary movie. Hopefully, I could find something scary before my dinner arrives.

As I continue to change the channels I could hear the loud voices coming from the guy's room, shaking my head I turn the volume up, how is it that they are best friends but argue a lot?

Shrugging I turn my attention to the tv in front of me, finally, after searching I found a good horror movie, squealing in excitement I get up to change to my comfy black shorts, and a black t-shirt.

Before I knew it, it was already morning, the tv was still on, and the empty plate and empty glass were sitting on my night table. The sun was slowly rising. A soft breeze moved the curtains as a little bit of light streamed through them. The annoying music coming from the guy's room woke me up completely, groaning I turn around, grabbing the pillow next to me and placing it on top of my head.

I just wanted a peaceful morning for once, where I would wake up without an alarm, or loud music. But a girl could only ask for so much. I am not complaining...Okay, maybe just a little bit, but I know James, and with his work and his life, he always gets up around this time or sometimes before that.

Even when we were in high school, he managed to get up at around 6:00 am, or even at 5:30 am, to make us breakfast and lunch. Sometimes I would help, and sometimes I would do the dishes and dinner. It just depended on the day. We would just take turns.

But since my brother is an intern, he has a complicated schedule, he can stay two whole days at the hospital without sleeping, or sometimes he comes home late at night, sleeps for a few hours, and gets paged in to the hospital at ungodly hours. In a few words, he never sleeps.

Pushing myself from the bed, I decided to get ready, pulling out my favorite black ripped jeans, a vintage Mickey Mouse shirt, and a comfy jacket. As I brush my hair, I walk around my room, looking for my black doc martens.

Groaning in frustration, I send a quick text to Alex.

'Hey, have you seen my boots?! I have a feeling I left them in your suit.'

Looking at our texts, I manage to see a "read at 11:00 pm" before I hit send. Frowning, I turn to look at the door of his room. I shake my head, ignoring the sinking feeling in my stomach.