.4🌕

The first day of classes went on without any other problems other than exhaustion as the upcoming full moon was just a day away. On the second morning of classes, Lily had to escort me to the hospital wing because I could barely stand up. After Lily left because she had to get to classes and after she promised to take notes for me, I sat in silence with only the pitter-patter of a light rain on the windows to keep me company. The healer came every once in a while to check on me, but that was all the company I endured. After a few hours of nothing, the door suddenly opened and Remus and James barged in. I grimaced at his state, which was no better than mine. How he managed to get through a few classes before coming baffled me. Even though I had never told his friends that I was a werewolf, and I had asked Remus not to, I was almost certain they knew. If they figured out Remus was a werewolf, then it couldn't be to hard for them to figure out if my condition as well. They may be troublemakers but I have to give it to them, they are actually pretty intelligent.
James sat Remus down before telling him he'd try and remember to take notes for him. He gave me a thoughtful look before turning to head out the doors. Suddenly he turned around and came straight back, this time to my bed. He stood there awkwardly for a few seconds before speaking.

"I know it's not really my place to ask but..." he started out. Remus gave me a worried look.
"Are you...do you..have the same uh condition as Remus?" He asked trying to keep his question not obvious if I wasn't.

I stared at him in shock before nodding tentatively and looking down, anywhere but at him. Then he did the most unexpected thing I'd ever seen him do. James Potter went up to me and gave me a hug. I didn't move for few second because I was in shock.

"Thanks?" I said after he let go.

"I've seen how bad it is for Remus. I just want to let you know that we'll be here for you." He said before waving at Remus and walking out.

"Well that was certainly unexpected." Remus said with a small chuckle.

"Yeah. I suspect this year will be full of the unexpected." I replied looking over at him.

****

The moon was almost at its peak in the sky. Remus and I were sitting down in the shrieking shack, him with his eyes closed and me gripping the edges of the chair I was sitting in. I gritted my teeth as I could feel the tension within my body. The wolf inside wanted to jump out and attack anything in sight, while the human in me wanted nothing more than to fall asleep and forget everything that is about to happen.
I could feel the blind hatred in me intensify as the full moon rose higher in the sky. My whole body began to heat up. This was always my least favorite part: the moment I could feel my personality and mind change. Sure, the actual transformation brought unimaginable pain unto me, but the urges and hatefulness was so foreign until the full moon. I heard Remus groan in pain as the transformation started. Pain like a thousand needles spread through my body almost instantly. My bones began to ache with the force of breakage on them. I looked over to Remus and made contact with his slowly yellowing eyes. So much pain and hurt passed between us at that moment that I know it would be reflected in the events that took place tonight. Without another moment to spare, my body convulsed and I was formed into a senseless beast and my mind was blank.

****
Usually when I became conscious after a transformation, all I could feel was my intense headache and the small gashes I created due my anger. This time however, I sat up and screamed. I couldn't move due to a numbness in my side. I turned my head to see a huge pool of blood and a large chunk of my side ripped off. My scream must've woken up Remus who was close by as he rushed over to me after pulling a pair of pants on. My vision blurred as he was calling my name. I noticed he was covered in a substantial amount dried blood. My blood.

"Belle"? Cmon you have to stay awake. I'll bring you to the castle. I'll try my hardest I promise." He said in a concerned and frantic voice. With his eyes closed he wrapped a dusty blanked around me. I tried to smile at his choice of nickname but all I could really focus on was the pain in my side.

Even with his weakened state he managed to pick up my limp body and began to carry me back to the castle. My eyes began to drift close as numbness spread through my body.

"No! You have to stay awake okay?" He said in a scared voice.

Somehow I managed to remain conscious as he slowly trekked through the tunnel and across the grass with me in his arms. Every thirty seconds he would say something to make sure I was awake. When we finally reached the castle, he entered the doors and headed quickly to the hospital wing. When he slammed though the doors, the healer and McGonagall stopped their conversation to look over at the commotion. McGonagall gasped loudly before rushing over to help. The healer ran to get supplies to help heal me.

"Goodness gracious child! What happened?" She said sternly but with concern in her voice.

"I...I don't know what happened but...I think I attacked her." Remus said guiltily as he stared at his bloodstained body and clothing.

McGonagall set me down in an empty bed and Remus collapsed in one next to mine. I began breathing heavily as the pain increased. The healer had come back with a rather strange looking potion and forced it down my throat. The taste wasn't any better than the look. Tears silently streamed down my face as the pain became unbearable. I let out a cry and Remus flinched and put his head in his hands. I'm almost certain he was crying.
When the healer slathered a strange green ointment on my side, I began to scream. It made it feel like someone was setting my skin on fire. I gripped the sheets of the bed in agony. After a minute or so of the fire sensation, it began to ebb away the pain. My breathing slowed down and the numbness was swept away. I closed my eyes in relief. With the pain at a manageable level now, I began to notice how tired I actually was. Without a second thought, my mind calmed and I fell asleep almost instantly.