.7

I'd never been so happy for a weekend in my entire life. It'd only been a week and my classes were already killing me. As I exited my last class of Friday, Defense Against The Dark Arts, I let out a sigh of relief. At first I thought having all the Marauders(they explained to me that's what they called themselves), in that class would be a great thing. Boy was I wrong. Throughout the entirety of the class, notes were thrown at me containing utter nonsense. James even threw one containing a very crude drawing of Severus and I let a little laugh escape, almost earning me a detention.
Suddenly I felt a hand grab my shoulder and I was brought out of my thoughts. I turned around to face James and scowled at him.

"You almost got me detention mister." I narrowed my eyes at him as his expression never wavered from his usual mischievous grin.

"Not my fault you laughed." He said with a shrug. "So seeing as you already know our plan for the animagus" he started. "We were wondering if you wanted to actually see when we first do it." "We think we're finally done and we're going to try it out tonight. You down?" He finished.

I nodded my head excitedly. "Of course! When are you going?"

"We'll meet in the common room at midnight alright?" He confirmed.

"Sounds good! Thanks for including me in this, it's pretty interesting." I thanked him.

"No problem. You fit right in with us." He said skipping away.

I turned the other way and headed to the library. I had some important information I wanted to find. I placed my bag at an empty table and went in search of any books relating to one topic: Werewolves. The lessons I had a few days ago had got me thinking about the unfortunate curse I held within me. How is it, that after 1000s of years of werewolves being around, and no one had created a cure? Or even anything to help? I grabbed a few dusty books on the makeup of werewolves that looked like no one had taken out in many years. It took a few tries, but I finally managed to get them down from the highest shelf. I hastily blew the dust off and gingerly opened the fragile book. I studied diagram after diagram and came up with nothing. All it showed was how a werewolf transformed, not what made it transform. If I was even going to begin to think about coming up with a solution, I had to know what deep inside a werewolf made it transform. Did it had have a magical connection to the moon? Did it cause a chemical reaction inside the bitten human? Why did it happen!?
I groaned and rested my head on the table in frustration. I had been in the library for a good 2 hours and hadn't found a single ounce of helpful information. I heard somebody clear their throat near me. I looked up onto to see Remus staring at me quizzically.

"You seem frustrated." He said noticing my glum expression.

"You don't say." I said with another groan.

"What are you trying to do anyways?" He said turning his attention to the books.

He took one look at the diagram before sitting next to me and giving me an alarmed expression. "Why are you reading about this? I'd think transforming once a month would give you enough perspective to last a lifetime. Literally." He said whispering grimly.

"But that's all I know!" I said exasperated. "No one has even begun to ask why. Why does it happens? What causes it?" I said turning to him.

"I know what it's like, but I want to know why it happens to me. It can't simply just happen with no reason at all. And if it's a disease then it can be cured." I said lowering my voice to a whisper.

He paused in though for a moment before a look of shock crossed his face. "You can't mean you're trying to....to cure it!" He said, his voice raising in volume, earning a glare from madame Prince the librarian.