.20

*Thank you so much for 10k plus reads!!*

The rest of the day was extremely hectic. In the course of writing one essay I somehow misspelled frog a total of 5 times. After what felt like hours I finally managed to finish it. Just as I was about to pack it up someone slammed the door of our room open scaring me, causing me to spill ink all over my desk and paper, meaning I had to redo it. I glared  up at them before noticing it was Marlene, Lily and I'd third roomate. I decided not to tell her off and just went back to writing with a huge sigh.

By the time I had completed my third attempt of my frog eggs essay, a feat which took way longer than I had expected, dinner was nearing. I sighed as I closed my schoolbooks and placed them in my trunk.At this rate I wouldn't be able to finish my homework if Remus and I worked on the potion tonight. And on top of everything else I was still extremely tired from the full moon.

"Ready for dinner lils?" I asked walking over to where she was furiously scribbling something on her piece of parchment.

"Yeah let me just finish this sentence" she replied finishing with a shake of her quill. "let's head down, I'm starving"
She got up and we headed out of the dormitory and into the common room. People in various years were scattered about doing homework while some first years played wizard chess in the corner.

"you ever fancied a game of chess Lily?" I asked as we exited the portrait hole.

"wizards chess or muggle chess? I've heard the wizard version is quite barbaric in comparison" she replied.

"Either I guess. I just fancy learning how to play someday." I replied with a shrug.

"Well I'm sure Remus could teach you" she said, her lips twitching into a small smile. "I've seen him playing with Sirius before in the common room."

"Actually that might be a fun idea..that is if he's ever going to talk to me again after I tell him what I did" I replied as we neared the great hall.

"You'll never know how he'll react until you tell him. Although I doubt he would ever stop talking to you. Just tell him it will be fine." She said as we sat down in the middle of the Gryffindor table. Unfortunately, she had not spoken quietly enough.

"Tell who what?" Sirius butted in cheerfully as he scooted down the opposite bench so he was sitting across from us. As soon as he did, the other three boys followed.

Lily and I shared a look. She opened her mouth to speak but I beat her to it. "I just had to speak with professor Flitwick. I accidentally wrote something wrong on my last essay and I just wanted to point it out before he graded it so I can still get full points." I replied nervously.

"Oh? What did you put down that was wrong. When we looked over each others essays I didn't notice anything wrong with yours." Remus replied with a confused look on his face.

"Uh well" I didn't know what to say back. "It doesn't matter that much." I said looking around nervously.

"Alright." He replied giving me a weird look before continuing, speaking to everyone now. "Have you all finished the transfiguration essay." He said giving James and Sirius a look, almost as if he knew they hadn't.

"You know, finished wouldn't be the word I would use to describe the state of my essay.. perhaps you could say it is on it's way to completion'" Sirius said humorously as he shoveled some beans onto his plate.

"So basically you haven't started." Remus said rolling his eyes. "Best get on that, wouldn't want either of you to be failing by the end of the month." He said seriously.

"Don't worry Remus, I'm sure you or Anna can help us later?" James replied with a suspicious smirk on his face. "I mean that is unless both of you are busy." He said looking between the two of us.

"Um" I started unintelligibly. "Actually Remus and I were going to work on potions tonight." I replied looking to Remus for confirmation.

"Uh yeah. We both didn't really understand the last lesson. Just want to make sure we get everything correct" he replied with a forced smile on his face.

Sirius cut in with a confused look. "Wait Weren't you two the only ones who managed to brew it successfully." He said pointing his finger accusingly at Remus, who had a slightly panicked look on his face and looked to me for help. We clearly still weren't ready to share our little aide project with anyone.

"Yeah well. That was luck, I really want to understand the theory behind it you know?" I said stupidly. Never in my life have I cared about the theory behind a potion-except perhaps the one Remus and I were pursuing.

Sirius gave it some thought and lowered his finger, shrugged and went back to shoving food into his mouth. "Seems legit. You genius' find the weirdest things enjoyable." He said with a shake of his head.

We continued to eat while chatting for a bit until desert arrived.

I grabbed a piece of pumpkin pie and placed it in a napkin, ready to head out. " I have to finished up some homework I'll see you guys later." I said standing up.

"Oh I'm sure you'll see Remus later." James whispered to Sirius with a chuckle but I heard it nonetheless.

As I turned around my cheeks had a small tinge to them. But my mood dropped quickly when I remembered what I would have to talk to Remus about tonight. I shuddered at the thought as I headed back to my dormitory.