.28

Thank you for 30k! I enjoy all of your lovely comments, they mean a lot to me! <3

By the time we realized how late we worked, it was already well into the night. We had ended up skipping dinner without realizing it. But it was well worth it because it seemed that we both had carefully thought about it over break, resulting in a potion that didn't blow up or result in some other disaster.

"Well, I'd say this was somewhat of a success," Remus said peering over the cauldron which held a pearly blue substance. "I don't know if it will actually do anything but at least we managed to make something that wasn't a complete failure," He said with a laugh, stirring the potion a little.

"I'm actually very proud of us," I said smiling at him as I walked over to the shelves where various vials were situated. I grabbed a few and returned to the cauldron, pouring the liquid into four separate vials. I capped them off and set them aside.

"Me too." He said cleaning the cauldron with a flick of his wand. "Although now that we're done I'm realizing it might've been a mistake to skip dinner," He said holding his stomach.

"Maybe we could go raid the kitchens. I don't think it's quite curfew yet." I said placing the vials carefully into my bag.

"I feel like we're always going to the kitchen lately," He said with a slight shake of his head and a smile.

I shrugged in response, "honestly who can resist good food though?" I said as I gathered the last of the supplies and placed them in my bag.

He didn't reply and just shook his head and smiled in response. He gathered up his things as well as began to make his way to the door. I quickly picked up my bag and made to follow him. We exited the door in silence, but my mind was running at one hundred miles an hour.

I broke the silence a few moments later, blurting out my thoughts. "You know I'm really glad we did this tonight," I said looking over to him. "I'm really glad we're doing this," I said referring to the potion making, but perhaps I meant more.

He looked over at me, meeting my eyes with a soft smile. "So am I Belle," he said being pausing a bit, and a small blush adorning his cheeks before he continued. "I'm really glad we've gotten closer this year," he said, his eyes not leaving mine.

I felt myself staring into them in a trance almost, and I couldn't look away as I replied. "I'm really glad too. It makes things a lot easier" I said referring to our shared predicament.

He replied with a small laugh, "honestly, being able to go through this together just..." he trailed off in thought for a moment and stopped walking. I stopped with him, turning to him with a small look of confusion on my face. He turned to face me and softly grasped my hands and continued with a nervous sigh. " you..make it better" he mumbled nervously, meeting my eyes with a nervous gleam to his eye.

I returned his smile with one of my own, a small ting of pink painting my cheeks. "Thank you. It is a lot easier to have you around" I truthfully replied in a quiet voice. I paused for a second, turning my gaze towards our entwined hands, the smile leaving my face. The corners of my lips turning slightly downwards when my heart sped up at the sight. I carefully stepped back and looked up once again to meet his eyes.

I must've had a confused look on my face because Remus furrowed his brow slightly. "Is everything okay?" He asked with a twinge of concern to his voice. "You seemed happy but now you just look confused?" He said questioningly

I shook my head a little, forcing a small smile onto my face. "Yeah everything's fine, I just remembered I hadn't finished one of my assignments" I lied, glancing at his hands where they hung at his sides, remembering how my heart skipped a beat when he grabbed my hands with his own.

"Oh, okay" He simply replied, obviously not fully believing me, but he let it go nonetheless. "Maybe we should just head back to the dorms then." He shrugged with a neutral expression, starting to walk again, this time in the opposite direction.

I gave him a small nod, not really wanting to speak at the moment because a myriad of thoughts were crashing through my head. We pretty much walked in silence until we reached the entrance to the dorms. Remus said the password and we entered the rather empty common room. The only people in it were huddled in the corner by the fire. Surprisingly, I noticed it was the Mauraders and Lily, with the latter voluntarily sitting next to James looking as if she was helping him with homework of some kind.

Remus spoke first as they hadn't yet noticed we entered through the door. "What are you lot doing down here, not causing any trouble I hope," He said with a small chuckle.

"It actually looks as though you're studying" I continued, giving Lily a knowing side-eye which she returned with a relentless glare.

"No trouble" James replied with a proud grin. "Lily here offered to help me finish break homework for potions," He said holding up his parchment, where a barely legible essay was scrawled across the paper.

Lily scoffed before picking up her own papers in front of her, shoving them in the bag. "I did not offer, Potter." She said with a scowl, sitting up from the sofa, "You relentlessly  badgered me to help you and I decided to just do it to shut you up"

James just looked at her with the same proud look on his face as earlier. "But you still helped me didn't you?"

Lily rolled her eyes, beginning to walk away towards the stairway that led up to the dorms. She shouted behind her as she began to ascend "Goodnight to everyone who isn't Potter"

The boys laughed a bit at her comment, with James being shoved jokingly by Sirus before he shouted back to her. "Goodnight Lily, I hope you have sweet dreams of me!" Immediately after the slamming of our dorm door was head from upstairs as Lily ignored his words.

James sighed as he sat up, but he still had a huge grin adorning his face. "I think tonight went well." He said with a nod at his words.

"Considering the usual way the interactions between you two play out, I'm gonna have to agree with you," Sirius said thoughtfully.

I just shook my head in amusement, the events clearing my head slightly of my previous thoughts. I suddenly yawned widely, not realizing how tired everything had made me today.

Sirius looked up at me with a smirk before speaking "What, tired from you two's nightly activities?" He said with an amusing glint in his eye.

I gaped at him in shock before shaking my head quickly, "It's just been a tiring day" I managed to get out in my embarrassment. I glanced over at Remus and his face housed one similar to my own. His head was staring at his hands which he held nervously, a small blush on his face.

With that, I decided to take my leave as well, hurrying out in a manner similar to Lily's, though mine was more out of embarrassment than anger. "Well.. on that note goodnight" I called out over my shoulder. I glanced back to see Remus looking at me as I ascended the stairs with a thoughtful look on his face. I turned away from his gaze and hurriedly rushed up the stairs, relishing in my much-needed escape.