.8

I woke up Saturday morning at around 11. After getting ready for the day, I decided to head to lunch quickly before going to the library. As I sat down next to Lily I noticed the absence of the Marauders.

"Hey Lily." I said cheerfully. "How's prefect duties?"

She groaned."I hate the patrols. They're so inconvenient." She complained.

I laughed."That's why I'm glad I'm not a prefect." I said finishing my soup quickly. "Anyways, sorry I can't stay and talk. I have to do something in the library." I said saying goodbye and rushing towards the door.

On the way out I passed the boys. Remus looked like he was about to say something but I was had set my mind on my destination and wasn't going to stop. As soon as I stepped into the library I made a beeline for the sections I had checked the previous day. I found a rather large stool that I stood atop to reach the highest shelf, which I had yet to see. I shoved my hand as far back as I could while standing on my toes and pulled out a very dusty and very old book. I blew a heavy coat of dust off of it to reveal the title. Werewolves:The Beast Debunked. The title intrigued me so I decided to give it a read. I opened it up and scanned the chapter list as I headed to a table. My face lit up when I found a few chapters pertaining to what I was looking for. In my excitement I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I crashed into someone. The book went sailing and fell to the floor with a thud. I wasn't any more fortunate than the book and I too tumbled down, onto the person I had slammed into. I looked down to see a slightly dizzy Remus. Our eyes met as he took an intake of breath. After a moment I realized I might've been crushing him. I quickly rolled off him and stood up. I extended my hand to him and pulled him up.

"I'm really sorry about that." I said awkwardly.

He chuckled a bit before replying. "Don't worry about it. I've done that a few times myself. It's hard to pay attention when your lost in good book." He turned his attention to the fallen book and went to pick it up.

He stared at it for a few moments before returning his gaze to me. I scratched my head awkwardly as he sighed at my choice of book.

"I really didn't think you were actually going to continue this." He said walking to an empty table with the book still in his hands.

"I just want to make sure Remus. I just want to be absolutely positive that their could never be a cure. And if I find any evidence otherwise, then yes I'm going to pursue it." I said crossing my arms as we sat down.

"How could you just not explore something if you knew that it could be a way to end this suffering every month." I examined trying to get my point across.

He placed the book on the table and sighed. He stared at it for a few moments before opening in to the list of chapters. "Your hope in all this is really inspiring you know. I'm so used to just giving up on eveything. My whole life all I've ever got from it is pain." He said still scanning the chapters.

"I just know there has to be a solution somewhere. And I'm not going to stop until I find it, and you won't be able to stop me." I said frowning.

He sighed once again and looked up. "I won't be stopping you, because I'll be helping you." He said sincerely.

A grin made its way onto my face and I ran over to him and threw my arms around him. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you so much. This means a lot to me." I said letting go and returning to my seat.

"Alright," he started, pointing to the chapters, "where do we begin."

****

Remus and I stayed In the library for a total of four hours before we were utterly exhausted.

"Want to go outside." He asked as we were putting the many book we had taken down away. "It's rather stuffy in here and I could use some fresh air."

Fresh air sounded good to me."Sure." I said climbing a stool and standing in my toes. I struggled for a few second before I heard laugher below me. I huffed and looked down at Remus who was trying to stifle his laugh.

"What's so funny!" I said down to him.

"You're just so short." He said grinning up at me.

I rolled my eyes at him before finally managing to place the book back. I hopped off the stoll and stood next to Remus. As we gathered our stuff and walked out of the library I spoke up.

"For the record, I'm 5'6. Which is not at all short." I said looking at him.

He let out a small laugh and shook his head. "Well you're short to me." He said referring to his rather tall frame.

"Just because you're super tall doesn't make anyone shorter than you short." I argued.

"Or course it does." He shot back. "We have an eight inch height difference. You may be normal height to some, but you're short from my perspective." He explained his thoughts on the matter.

"Whatever you say." I said shrugging and letting the argument go.

We reached the entrance and stepped into the outdoors. Thankfully, it was rather warm today so we decided to sit underneath a tree and talk about anything other than school or werewolves. We were laying on our backs discussing the book To Kill a Mockingbird when we heard someone shout at us front across the grass.

"Oi Remus and Anna is that you?" We heard the familiar voice of James yell.

I sat up and beckoned them over. I layed back down because it was actually pretty comfortable.

"It's Belle" I said

"What're you on the ground for?" Sirius asked eyeing our latest down forms.

"It's comfortable." Remus said looking up at them. "Anyhow, you're welcome to join us. We were just talking about the book To-"

James interrupted him. "You lost me at book mate." He said sympathetically.

Remus sighed and went back to watching the sky.

"We haven't seen either of you for a while. What have you been up to?" Sirius said with a smirk on his face as he cross his arms.

"We've been in the library." I answered rather quickly because I didn't want to have to explain what it was we were searching for.

"Doing what might I ask?" Sirius continued on mischievously.

I turned to look at him and scowled when I saw his expression. How could I explain it without telling them about my hunt for a cure?

Remus saved me and replied quickly. "I was helping her with Defense Against The Dark Arts. You know that's not her best class." He lied simply.

I huffed at his choice of words but went with it nonetheless.

"For four hours?" James exclaimed. "Whew I wish I was that dedicated to schoolwork." He said wishfully.

I shrugged and turned to Remus as if to say I wanted to keep my ambitions a secret for now. We'll tell them when we're ready to. I just hope that I'm right, and didn't do exactly what Remus told me not to do. I hope I didn't get my hopes up for nothing.