.36

Thankfully, the school day went by without a hitch. And fortunately without any odd interactions with Remus. We mostly ignored each others presence in our class, though I felt a sting of annoyance every time he avoided my gaze.

I felt my anger begin to simmer throughout the entire day. What was he doing by kissing a girl then practically pretending she doesn't exist!

I was so annoyed, that by the time dinner rolled around, I found myself glaring up at him every few minutes. He never seemed to be aware of it though, as his eyes were trained gloomily on his food the entire time. However, Sirius seemed to catch on quite quickly.

"What's got you so angry, Anna?" He questioned, leaning in to ask me in a quiet voice, though everyone heard regardless. "You look like you're about to hex anyone that comes within three feet of you."

"Only some people." I muttered, stabbing a piece of chicken on my plate before plopping it in my mouth.

Sirius just shook his head while a knowing smile on his face and returned his attention to the food in front of him.

I narrowed my eyes at him, wondering if Remus had opened his mouth about what went down.

I tried to finish my food as fast as possible, not wanting to wallow in my anger any longer than I had to by being near Remus. I dropped my fork with a clang on the plate, hastily gathering my bag and standing up.

"Catch you guys later." I said, not leaving time for them to reply before I was briskly walking towards the exit.

I didn't make it very far out of the hall before I heard rushed footsteps behind me.

I quickened my steps, praying to anyone that was listening that it was anyone other than Remus.

Thankfully, someone was listening to my pleas, because I felt a hand grip my wrist and the somber voice of Sirus spoke out to me.

"Hey, hold up a minute," He started, letting go of my wrist once I turned around.

The look of relief must have shown on my face, because he gave me an odd look.

"I just wanted to make sure you were doing okay", He got out, wringing his hands behind his back nervously. "I know the past couple of days have been rough for you...but you seem to be struggling with something?" He questioned.

I sighed, forcing myself to meet his eyes before speaking, "You could say that.." I trailed off, not wanting to divulge the reason if he was not already privy to the information .

"Am I allowed to ask? Or should I just assume that I already know the answer?" He started, a small sad grin on his face as he met my gaze. "Because I have a pretty good idea of who may have turned you into such a sour wolf."

I grimaced at his words, rolling my eyes in annoyance before replying. "Well I'm sure it's not too hard to figure out." I said tensely, still not really wanting to give up any information.

"I know he's been hard on you after the other night. And I'm sorry." He started, his features softening. "Me personally? I'm just glad you came out of it alive." He smiled, untangling his hands and crossing them in front of his chest.

"Me too," I said with a sigh, crossing my arms in a mirror of his. "Honestly, I know it was stupid, but it's over with, and theres nothing anyone can do to change it." I finished with a shrug.

"So nothing to do with that then?" He questions with a raise of his eyebrow.

I sent him a hard look, one that I hoped conveyed the silent message of "Remus kissed me and now won't look at me so help me, but also I can't say it out loud because then it becomes an actual issue."

He was silent for a moment more, a small smirk finding its way onto his face. "It will be okay." He said, clapping a hand on my shoulder.

"You don't even know what I'm upset about." I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

He shrugged, giving me a genuine smile. "You know, I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes, but I'm very observant."

I returned his smile, not really knowing what to say. "Well, whatever happens, I'll learn to deal with it." I said with a shrug.

"I have a feeling everything will work out." He said with a shrug. "Anyways, I was planning on going on a walk. You want to clear your head?" He questioned.

I thought about it for a moment before shrugging in response.

He wooped, putting his arm through mine and began skipping down the hall. I almost fell over trying to keep up with him. After a while, I couldn't help the laugh that escaped me as he continued hollaring and skipping through the halls.

Before I knew it, we had reached a semi-abandoned corridor on the 3rd floor. It was eerily dark, only a few torches lighting the hallway.

"Some walk that was." I panted, as we slowed down and he unlooped his arm from mine.

"I need an outlet for all this energy." He replied, continuing to make his way down the corridor, though his demeanor changed drastically.

He slowed to a stop beside an old door, presumably an old storage closet of some kind. "Shall we explore?" He questioned, his eyes darting up and down the corridor nervously. How he thought he would be able to see anything in this dim light was lost to me.

I shrugged, pulling out my wand, meaning to cast lumos. Sirius beat me to it, lighting his was and opening the door quickly.

"Ladies first!" He said cheerily, beckoning me to make my way through the door.

I squinted my eyes in the dim light. I could barely see past the doorway. I sighed, holding my wand out as I stepped past the threshold. I went to turn around, checking on Sirius when he spoke out abruptly.

"I'm sorry!" He said, sounding like he didn't mean it at all, before he snatched my wand from my hand, shoved me into the room and locked the door behind me.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, nocking my fist on the door. "What is the meaning of this, Sirius?" I questioned in annoyance. I knew he didn't have any ill intent towards me, but this was just weird.

"Just hold on a few minutes. Trust me." He shouted back, barking out a laugh.

I put my ear up against the door as I heard voices getting closer. Before long, I heard the distinct timber of James' voice carry through the door.

"Hey Sirius, fancy seeing you here! What a coincidence, we all decided to go on a walk after dinner to the thrid corridor!" James exclaimed in a horrible attempt at lying.

I opened my mouth to call out at them to let me out when another voice spoke up.

"What is going on?" I hear Remus huff softly. "You two are up to something."

I tensed at his voice, baking away from the door in silence.

It was silent for a moment before I hear a soft wack, and an exclaiming of pain from Remus as the door was thrust open.

"Hey give me back my wand-" Remus was cut off as the door was slammed in his face, causing him to stumble back, unfortunately, straight into me.

I let out a cry as we tumbled backwards, tripping over an unidentifiable object and falling to the ground harshly, Remus crushing me from above.

"Be back in an hour!" I heard James' voice call as it moved swiftly away from the door.

"The tension was too much for us to handle!" Sirius exclaimed with what almost sounded like a giggle as I heard him practically skip away.

I laid in shock for a moment before realizing the situation I found myself in.

I was currently with Remus, in an abandoned room in an abandoned corridor, alone.

And boy, was I pissed off.