.9

The next few weeks sped by in a blur. Between classes and homework we seemed to have little free time. Remus and I only managed to go to the library a few times a week to research. In order to not make the boys suspicious, we told them that he was tutoring me in Defense against the Dark Arts. It was currently Saturday afternoon and we were currently taking a break from our task and discussing herbology. We were comparing the state of each of our moonarc plants, which we were still tasked with taking care of.

"I missed two waterings last week and now the disks aren't as big as they're supposed to be." He said with a frown.

I looked at my plant and shrugged. I'd been trying to keep extremely good care of it in case it would be helpful to our cause. I also found it quite interesting. I folded my arms on the table and rested my chin on them, staring at my plant quizzically.

"Do you think we'll be able to this?" I asked him, still eyeing my plant.

"Find a cure?" He said looking down at my frowning form.

He copied my position and I looked at me. I switched my gaze to meet his.

"Yeah." I replied softly. "Or anything that could help."

He stayed quiet for a while in though before replying. "I certainly hope so."

Just them we heard a ruckus coming towards us from the other end of the library. James and Sirius were loudly making there way towards us.

"So how's tutoring going." Sirius drawled on with a lopsided smile as the two sat down.

Remus and I sat up and shared an annoyed look. He rolled his eyes and I laughed at the unusual gesture for him. Sirius narrowed his eyes at us.

"Tutoring is great." I said trying to hide the werewolf book and my notes from their view.

"Well were bored and we wanted to know if you guys wanted to do something. We couldn't find Peter." James said, resting his face on his hand with a bored expression.

"Well we weren't really focusing on tutoring anymore so I guess we could go do something." I said with a shrug.

"We could go to hogsmead! Didn't McGonagall say it was open all weekend?" I asked them.

"Good idea. Let's do it." Sirius said happily

"Alright we have to put our stuff back in the dorm and we'll meet you guys by the front hall alright?" I asked gathering my things and going to put the books away.

Remus and I walked in a comfortable silence back to our dormitory. We returned our plants and books and made our way back to the other two. I made sure to grab a sweatshirt as it was a little chilly today.

We joined to others and made our way onto the ground. After a long while of walking we finally arrived in Hogsmead.

"Where to first boys?" I asked excitedly.

Almost immediately James jumped excitedly and responded. "Honeydukes." He shouted in glee.

We all chuckled at his behavior and set out in the direction of the sweet shop we all knew and loved. I was silent most of the way and Remus and I walked side by side while the other two joked around and talked wildly. After a while in the sweet shop, our bags much more full than before, I decided I was going to look at the bookstore hogsmead had. Remus decided to join me as the others went of the go to Zonkos or another shop.
We reached the book shop within a few minutes and I immediately headed towards the potions books. My eyes skimmed the spines as I felt someone come to stand next to me.

"I'm guessing this is for our little project?" Remus asked eyeing the books as well.

I shrugged. "Anything could help at this point. We don't exactly have a lot of information." I finished with a sigh.

I heard Remus chuckle beside me and shake his head. "You realize that some people have spent their entire lives trying to do this right?" "So if we don't have any progress in a few weeks don't get too down." He said looking at me.

I frowned and continued to search the books for anything useful. I came upon a book about potion making. Not a book with potions in it, but a book about coming up with potion, inventing them yourself. I grinned and took one off the shelf. Perfect. Remus wandered off into another section as I continued  to carefully scan the books. Without anymore luck I found my way to the counter and purchased the book. I finally found Remus wandering near the back of the shop and we made our way outside.

"Shall we go to the Three Broomsticks?" I asked Remus looking around for any sign of the other three.

"Sure. The others are probably there already." He said as we headed in the direction of the pub. Sure enough the other three were just sitting down as we entered.

"Perfect timing." I said grinning as we made our way to them and sat down at the table they had chosen.