.12

I woke up with a start, sitting up fast and hitting my head on my bedpost.

"Ow! What the hell!" I shouted holding my head. Great, now I'm gonna have a big ugly bruise on top of all my new scratches.

"Everything okay in there?" Someone called from the other side of the door. Remus. Great.

"Yeah everything's fine!" I replied hastily.

"Are you sure?" He asked softly.

"Yeah I'll be fine" I said sitting on my bed staring at the door.

There was a long stretch of silence in which neither of us really knew what to say.

" can I come in" He asked timidly.
After the events of last night I'm not sure if I could look at his face without blushing profusely, but I said yes anyways.
"Just let me change real quick" I said changing my shorts into pants.

When I said ok he slowly opened the door and stuck his head in before entering and shutting it behind him.

"I uh" he started nervously before swallowing and fidgeting with his hands. "I'm sorry...about this morning" he stated looking anywhere but me.

"You didn't do anything" I said shrugging, trying to make it less awkward. "Things happen. Life goes on yeah? No harm done" I chuckled nervously.

"Y..yeah sure" he said finally meeting my gaze before continuing.

"Also, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the library tonight to continue our research? If you're feeling alright that is. I noticed you weren't in your classes today"

"I was just tired that's all" I shrugged getting up. "Yeah I'd like to take a look at the Moonarc effects. I think we should go to the potions classroom to experiment though. I'm sure Slughorn won't mind"

"you need food first. You slept through dinner so.."He trailed off

"I'll be fine. Let's head down shall we?" I said putting shoes on and grabbed my wand, potions textbook, cauldron, and plant, almost dropping the latter.

"Careful" he chuckled taking it from me, brushing his hand with mine. "I'll carry it"

"Thanks" I said quietly, my cheeks tinged pink.

We made our way to the dungeons silently, neither of us wanting to break the ice.

We entered and set our stuff down.

"Alright let's just try figure out a way to combine the Vargen potion and the Moonarc. I was thinking that maybe we try to engineer the recipe to fit in the plant without it blowing up? Somehow?"I said looking between the cauldron and the plant.

"Sounds like a good start to me" He said with a small smile, sitting down in one of the chairs. I hastily opened my newly purchased potions book and scanned through a few of the pages. I had already read it once but wanted to brush up on a few things before we began.

We overlooked multiple methods of potion alteration before deciding on a few we could try. As I was chopping up one of the leaves we had cut off of the plant, a shiver ran down my body. Damn, it was way colder in the dungeons at night.

"Are you cold?" Remus asked eyeing my bare shoulders.

"I'll be fine" I said returning to finely chopping the leaf.