.19

Sometime around mid afternoon I woke up and stretched my muscles, looking over at Remus. He was still fast asleep with one of his arms dangling over the side. I moved so I was sitting and looked around for my shoes that I asked the boys to bring, noticing them by the front of the cot. I slipped them on a quietly as possible, trying not to wake Remus up, but I ended up hitting my foot against the leg, making an exclamation of pain. I looked over to Remus who turned onto his side and opened his eyes.

"Sorry! I tried my best to be quiet but it seems as if I've failed." I said with a pained smile.

"It's all good. I should be getting up now anyways." He said a stretching and slowly standing up.

"I sure lunch is still open at this hour if you'd like to go get a bit to eat? That is if you're feeling well enough." I said as he began to put his shoes on.

"Yeah I'm famished, let's go." He said motioning for us to walk. We kept a slow pace on our way to the great hall. I fiddled with the cuffs of the jumper I was wearing before I realized it was Remus'.

"Sorry about the clothes, Sirius gave them to me. I'll wash and return them within the next few days I promise." I said looking over at him.

"It's all good. Wouldn't want you freezing to death with no clothes would we?" He said studying me with a small blush on his cheeks.

"No definitely not." I chuckled as we entered the great hall.
Since it was nearing the end of lunch almost no one was there we sat down at the end of the Gryffindor table and surveyed the food around us. I quickly had a mountain of food piled on my plate, as did Remus.

"Man I always forget how hungry I am the morning after transforming. It really takes a lot of energy." I said as I began to eat my mashed potatoes.

Remus swallowed before responding. "I know, I'm always ravenous. I'm just glad I'm not as tired as usual. I actually feel like I could get by with doing work today." He said happily taking another bite.

"Yeah me too." I said before thinking a bit. "If you're up to it, maybe we could work on the potion tonight after homework. I know you have a lot to do but it's been a while since we did anything." I said eating the last of my potatoes.

" I'd like that. It would be a nice distraction from work. Lord knows we've had enough of that." He said giving me a smile.

We talked casually for a bit longer before deciding to head back to the dorm. It was a short walk to the portrait hole. When we entered the common room we decided to split ways for the time being.

I began to walk of the stairs when Remus called after me. "Do you want to meet here after dinner. We can go to the dungeons from there." He asked.

"Yeah that sounds great." I replied before giving him a small wave and ascending the rest of the way up to the girls dormitory. I opened the door and was instantly received with the sight of Lily charging towards me at top speed.

"lily what are you do-" I didn't finish my sentence as she tackled me in a hug.

"Hi!" She exclaimed loosening her hold. "I missed you. How are you feeling" She changed her voice to a whisper. "How did last night go?"

"I'm fine. It was alright but I woke up in the snow which was no fun. Had to go to the hospital wing to treat minor frostbite." I said with a shrug heading to sit on my bed.

"Oh no thats awful" She said with a frown before giving me a once over. Her face broke out into a grin. "Nice clothes"

"Shut up. I couldn't find mine." I said going to lie on my back.

She looked a little confused before replying. "What do you mean you couldn't find yours? How did you get Remus' then?"

I just sat up and tried to speak to cover it up but she cut me off.

"Theres no way you'd have his.." She said before her face went slack. "unless he was there with you." She gave me a shocked look.

"I-he. Oh god" I said putting my face in my hands. "Lily I don't know what to say". I can't believe I let Remus' secret slip so easily. He was going to be furious with me.

"I honestly knew it already." She said sitting next to me and putting her hand around my shoulder. "The signs were all there. This just pushed my suspicions over the edge. You don't have to tell him I know but I think its a good idea"

"How am I supposed to tell him I just spilled his darkest secret." I asked, hanging my head in shame.

"just tell him the truth. It was an accident. " She answered calmly. "I won't ever tell anyone don't worry. I want him to know he can trust me. Just like you can"

"alright. We're supposed to do something together tonight. I suppose I could tell him then?" I said playing with the cuffs of the jumper nervously. 

"I think that'd be perfect." She responded getting up off the bed. "well, for now we have homework to do. That essay about the '12 historical uses of frog eggs' isn't going to write itself."

I groaned before getting up and walking over to my trunk, getting my school stuff out. "Just what I want to write about on a Sunday." I said before hunkering down to do work for the next few hours.