.31

A few weeks later Lily and I were walking to potions in silence. Lily looked to be off in her own world, but all my mind could focus of was how stressed I was.

The workload had only increased as the term progressed, so I was feeling rather worn out. I practically dragged my feet as we slowly made our way to class. My bag felt like a ton of bricks, and my head felt like it was going to explode. Safe to say I hadn't been sleeping much.

In fact, on top of the work, my mind had been preoccupied my Remus and I'd project. We'd actually managed something a few weeks ago and it had reignited a spark in me, only for OWL prep to consequently extinguish it.

We had gone back to the room of requirement a few more times since then in an attempt to recreate what we'd made. After three tries we managed a more precise version of whatever it was that we made. Just thinking about it made me nervous, as the full moon was in just under a week, and I wanted to try it out. I knew it was dangerous, but it was worth it.

My train of thought was interrupted when Lily said something to me as we came upon the potions classroom. "Are you alright Belle? You look a little green."

I shook my head at her words, grabbing my head in an attempt to release the pain in my head. "I really wish I hadn't walked all the way down here and just went to the infirmary" I managed out.

Before Lily could respond a new voice entered my sense. "Belle what happened?" Remus called out, concern in his voice.

He presumably turned to Lily next when I didn't respond, only sinking to the floor, my back leaned up against the wall. "Is she alright?" He asked, a tinge of worry laced into his tone.

"I'm not sure." Lily responded with a shake of her head. "All I know is she hasn't been sleeping. Maybe the lack of sleep is catching up to her."

I groaned from my place on the floor, knowing she was right. I should've been more focused on my health than school and projects. But it was so hard not to be. "Just help me up please" I mumbled out, blindly extending my arm upwards.

I felt a cold hand gently wrap itself around my arm, carefully hoisting me up. I staggered for a second, a little dizzy from the sudden change, but regained my balance by grabbing onto the nearest thing, which just so happened to be Remus. I felt him tense up when I gripped the front of his robes, not really sure what to do.

In a daze I looked up at his face, our eyes meeting. I found myself in a trance of sorts, as my brain was already out of place, but looking at him made it even harder to focus.

Thankfully, Lily's words broke me out of whatever trance I'd been in. "Belle are you well enough to go to class? I can always take you to the hospital wing." She said as I hesitantly unwrapped myself from Remus' arms, my body feeling cold at the loss of contact.

I shook my head at her words, taking a deep breath and a step forward. "It's only potions, I think I'll make it though" I said confidently, although there was a slight waver to my voice.

I really just wanted to lay in bed. But thinking of Remus and I''s project gave me a sort of energy to go on. If there was any class that was going to be helpful to it, it was going to be potions. So with a deep breath, I began to make my way into the classroom. I noticed most people were there already, my slight disturbance surely made us almost late. I sat down at an empty desk, not really caring who sat next to me. Lily and Remus seemed to have a silent conversation with their eyes, and Remus finally sat down next to me, Lily walking over to Marlene with a small smirk on her face. I narrowed my eyes after her, knowing she was definitely being sneaky about something.

I sighed as Slughorn began the lesson, glancing over at Remus to see him already looking at me. I offered him a smile and I began to take out my supplies, ready to take notes.

Throughout the lesson I managed to pay attention. Kinda of. I'd written down a few things I thought important, but I became so unfocused half way through I just put my quill down in defeat. I could just copy down Lily's later I decided. Remus gave a small laugh from beside me, clearly amused by my defeated expression.

"It's okay, you can just have my notes later if you're too tired" he whispered as best he could when Slughorn's back was turned.

"Thanks." I whispered back with a genuine smile. He only beamed back at me in response, returning to his parchment with lines of neat notes sprawled across the page.

I peered down at them, trying to absorb some of the information. But in all honesty, I couldn't even tell you a single thing  Slughorn had been talking about the entire lesson. I was zoned out the rest of the class. In all honesty, it was a wonder my eyes stayed open at all.

Eventually, Slughorn signaled the end of class, and everyone began slowly packing up there things. I didn't have much to put away so I just shoved my stuff in my bag, ready to make a beeline out. 

As we excited Remus spoke out. "Do you just want to go to the common room?" He asked, still a little concerned for me.

I nodded my head. "That was any plan. I definitely just need to sit by the fire."

Unfortunately, that wouldn't happen for a while. It was a long trek from the dungeons to Gryffindor tower, and by the time I'd made it, I was practically passed out from exhaustion. As we came upon the portrait hole, I yawned for what must've been the hundredth time on our way up. Thankfully, we soon said the password and we're greeted with the warmth of the common room. I smiled at the feeling and made a beeline for one of the areas near the fire. I barely noticed James, Sirius and Peter as they sat in various chairs and sofa, as I plopped down on one right in front of the fire, Remus next to me.

"Hey Anna are you alright? Looking a little peaky over there?" I heard someone call out, although I was unsure wether it was James or Sirius. I didn't respond, as I felt an overwhelming urge to lay down. I closed my eyes, trying my head down, aiming for the cushions but meeting Remus instead. I didn't really have time to care though, as it was comfortable and I needed sleep. And without another moment, my mind drifted away, finally for some much needed rest.