.32🌕

Somehow with all of my stress, I'd forgotten about the upcoming full moon. So when I woke up on the sofa a few hours later, I honestly wasn't surprised I'd practically passed out.
~~
Two days passed until it was the night of the full moon. If I thought I was tired before, it was even worse now. I sighed as I walked down from the girl's dormitory. It was nearing 11, and I'd been upstairs trying to get some sleep before we left, but to no avail. Although I was exhausted, my mind was running at 100 miles an hour. I noticed the boys all situated near the fire, so I plopped down on the sofa with a sigh, my head immediately resting on Remus' should as I closed my eyes.

"Still feeling awful Anna?" I heard Sirius question from somewhere to my right.

"Kind of a dumb question mate," James replied, obvious to mine, and possibly Remus' discomfort.

I nodded my head in response, not really wishing to talk just yet. Although, a moment later, I felt Remus put his arm around my shoulder, causing me to be enveloped in his warm embrace. I smiled into his shoulder, trying to hide my expression, but I heard a snicker from James, so I wasn't sure I was successful.

The five of us stayed like this for a while, the boys conversing lightly as I rested on Remus. Some time must've gone by because I felt someone lightly shaking my shoulders. I pried my eyes open, only to meet with Remus'. I realized how close we were and slowly sat up, yawning in the process.

"We best get going," Sirius said with a grim expression directed at Remus and me.

I nodded solemnly, really not ready for the coming hours. All I wanted was to lay back down on the couch with Remus and take a nap. However, the night had other plans for me.

Before we left, I patted my jacket pocket, making sure the vile I'd placed there earlier that day was still there. I glanced at Remus with a look of slight guilt on my face as we exited, the look not leaving my face the whole way.

We silently made our way down to the whomping willow, me practically dragging my feet behind me. By the time we'd reached the tree, I had to cling to someone for support. Currently, I was supporting myself on Sirius' shoulder while we walked through the passage that would lead to the shrieking shack. It was an extremely tight squeeze, but I was unsure if I would make it if I didn't have him to cling onto.

"Only a few more minutes guys don't worry." He said, looking at Remus and me in worry.

I didn't bother to respond, just gritting my teeth as I mustered all my strength to keep walking. I closed my eyes in frustration, knowing that this was going to be a rough night. Not that it usually wasn't awful, but judging my current state it might be worse than usual.

"You guys look really bad today," James said suddenly as we entered the shack, me letting go of Sirius and sat against the wall, breathing heavily.

"Thanks for the confidence, James," Remus said sitting next to me as he rolled his eyes.

"It's just the truth." He said with a shrug, gesturing to me, "Anna has looked like she was about to pass out all day." He said before restating, "actually I'm pretty sure she has."

I gave a small laugh at his words, knowing he was just trying to distract everyone. Though I couldn't listen for long until my head started ringing. I stood up suddenly, haphazardly making my way over to the side room so I could change. I was starting to run out of usable clothes and needed to start preserving them before I transitioned. It took me a while to strip off my clothes, as the process was a little painful.

I took the vial out of my pocket, holding it in my palm as it rolled around. I stared at the glossy substance for a while, my guilt only increasing as the minutes went by. After a lot of deliberation, however, I swallowed my guilt, closing my eyes as I uncorked it. I quickly gulped the liquid down, the smooth liquid coating the back of my throat. I coughed at the taste, forcing it down. It tasted like metal making its way down, and I was not fond of it.

I wrapped myself in a blanket when I was done, shivering in the dark. I counted to ten, trying to calm myself down as I hoped I hadn't just made a huge mistake. But I knew we couldn't work to improve anything if there was no trial and error.

So with a sigh, I walked back out to the boys, almost stumbling over. I sat down with a sigh, closing my eyes as my body relaxed. Perhaps it was the potion, or maybe it was just my sleepiness, but I felt my body relaxing, any pain I'd felt washing away.

"Belle are you okay?" I heard a voice call, though it felt like I was hearing through a wall.

"Belle?" The voice called again, though I didn't hear anything else as I lost consciousness and slumped onto the floor.