.21

When I got up to my room I sat on my bed for a few minutes contemplating what I was going to say to Remus later. No matter what I thought up, nothing seemed like a reasonable explanation for revealing Remus' deepest secret. I groaned and put my head in my hands just as Lily and Marlene threw the door open, talking loudly. Lily let out a long lough at something Marlene said before noticing my down demeanor. In the silence of the room I felt both of the eyes on my and lifted my head up with a conflicted look on my face. They both gave me a concerned look.

"You alright Belle?" Marlene said with her eyes furrowed.

"Yeah I will be. I'm just a little conflicted right now" I said making eye contact with Lily and she purses her lips knowingly.

"Awe alright well let us know if you need anything. I'm going to take a shower." Marlene said, grabbing her towel and heading into the bathroom.

"Thanks." I replied with a small smile.

"I'm assuming you're still contemplating what to say to Remus?" Lily said sitting down next to me.

"Yeah" I replied with a glum look on my face. "Nothing feels right. I just don't want him to be upset with me, even though he has a right to be."

Lily took in my words before sighing. "You know, he cares about you a lot and I think if you just outright tell him what you did then everything is going to be alright. He will understand it was an accident."

I nodded and check the time, noticing it was almost time for me to meet up with Remus. "Thanks Lily, I think that's just what I'm going to do. I better get going soon." I said standing up.

"Good luck." She said smiling at me. "You can do this."

I smiled back and made for the door before lily called out one last time.

"Oh and Belle, make sure he knows it doesn't bother me. Please. I want him to know he doesn't frighten me." She said giving me a concerned look.

"Of course." I said before I exited the room and made my way down to the common room. When I got down there I noticed Remus sitting on one of the couches.

I hesitantly walked up to him. "Hey Remus.." I said quietly.

"Oh hi Belle!" He said giving me a big smile. "Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah I have everything I need." I said forcing a smile.

"Great, shall we?" He said gesturing to the portrait hole.  I nodded and followed him through it in silence. We walked for a while until we reached the potions classroom. Remus went to open the door but it wouldn't budge.
"Must be locked." He said with a small frown. "Alohamora"

The door handle rattled for a few seconds but the door didn't budge.

"Uh that's weird" I said trying to open it again. "It must be charmed so Alohamora doesn't work." I said with an annoyed look on my face.

"Why would someone do that?" Remus asked with his eye brows furrowed. "How are we supposed to get anything done if we can't even access the potions classroom?"

"Yeah that's pretty odd. Maybe someone noticed we'd been using it and didn't want us too." I said with a sigh.

"Well...I guess we should just do something else then." He said with a shrug. "Fancy a walk?" He said with a small smile.

I nodded apprehensively. This might just give me the perfect opportunity to tell him. "Yeah sure, why not? Let's just drop everything back  at the dorm first. I don't fancy carrying all this stuff around."

With that we turned around and made our way back up to the gryffindor tower in silence. All the while my brain felt like it was running a million miles an hour.
After dropping all of our supplies off we head back down and outside.

"So.." Remus started. "How've you been lately. "You've seemed kinda of stressed" he said eyeing me with concern.

"I...well." I started out trying to find my words. "I made a mistake recently." I said finally, trying to avoid looking at him.

"Oh? What mistake is big enough to make you stress out this much?" he asked with more concern now noticing my odd demeanor.

I suddenly stopped walking and turned my head to look at him. I felt my throat tighten before I opened my mouth to speak. "Remus I...please don't hate me." I said holding his gaze no matter how uncomfortable it made me.

"Hate you? Why would I hate you? You've done nothing that would upset me." He replied with his eyebrows furrowed.

"That's the problem...I have" I said averting his gaze. I couldn't bear to see the look in his eyes when I told him. "L..Lily and I were talking and I just." 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "She knows we're werewolves." I said looking up and meeting his eyes. "I didn't mean to I swear...it just slipped out when I was just exhausted from the full moon. I'm sorry. I understand if you never want to talk to me agai-" he cut me off by holding up his hand, gesturing me to stop my rambling.

"So..Lily knows about me?" He said giving me an intense look with no emotion on his face.

I hesitantly nodded and just waited for him to yell or do anything that indicated he was upset with me. He stared at me in silence for a while before he spoke.

"She's known about you for a while hasn't she?" He asked tilting his head in question.

I nodded slowly. "When she found out she was nothing but kind to me."

"And now she knows about me. Can you guarantee she won't treat me differently now that she knows." He said giving me a hard look.

"Yes?" I replied but it came out more like a question. "I talked with her and she is obviously okay with it. Even thought she already knew about me I just...I'm sorry she had to find out this way. It was never my intention to spread this." I said looking down, still ashamed of myself for being so careless.

"I believe you when you say she is fine with it. But nonetheless I think I should go talk to her just to clear things up. Perhaps she still awake." He frowned before turning to me. "Thank you for telling me .I appreciate your honestly. I'll see you tomorrow Belle" and with that he trudged back up towards the castle, leaving me to sit alone in the dark and ponder what just happened.