.17

I woke up feeling only slightly groggy due to my lack of sleep last night. Unfortunately, I knew it would only get worse as the day went on. I shoved the covers off and sat on the edge of my bed for a few minutes rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. At least I didn't have any classes today seeing as it was Saturday.

With a sign I walked over to Lily's bed and poked her arm. I continued to do this until she opened one eye with an annoyed look before slapping hand away.

"C'mon Lils lets go to breakfast. It's already 8 and I could really use some cinnamon buns" I said just as my stomach growled.

She groaned before throwing the covers form her body and onto the floor. "Damn I was going to ignore you and go back to sleep but you had to go and mention cinnamon buns"

"I knew that would temp you to get up" I said gleefully heading over to my dresser and changing out of my clothes from yesterday that I unfortunately had slept in last night.

"I'm going to shower really quick if that's alright?" I said grabbing my towel. "I feel disgusting"

"Yeah alright. Gives me more time to lounge in bed" she said before falling back down on her mattress. With that I quickly rushed to the shower and thoroughly scrubbed my body, hopped out after changing and sat down on the edge of Lily's bed.

"Ready?" I asked noticing she had picked her covers back up and cocooned herself in them.

"Fineee" she grumbled before untangling herself and getting up to put clothes and shoes on. "Let's go. You promised cinnamon buns and if there aren't any I'm going to throw a fit."

"Tell you what, why don't we just go to the kitchens? They're guaranteed to offer us some" I said heading out of the common room and the opposite direction of the great hall.

"I've never been there." She said curiously before interrogating me. "How do you even know where it is? I shouldn't even condone this being a prefect but.."

I stayed silent for a moment as I knew this would just make her a little too happy. "Remus showed me one time" I crumbled under my breath.

"Hmmm what was that I couldn't hear you" she said smirking at me.

"Remus took me to the kitchens once alright" I said with a huff knowing she was bound to make fun of me.

"Awee so cute. What was that your first date!" She teases me.

"Shut up we haven't gone on any dates and we are not going to. We're just friends so" I said as we approached the portrait with the pair. I quickly tickled it and grabbed the handle that appeared, stepping into the kitchens. I slowly breathed in all of the scents as we entered.

"I forgot how good it always smelled in here" I said walking over to one of the few tables. A house elf approached and asked if they could get us anything.

"We would love a few cinnamon buns if that's alright" Lily replied looking around in awe of the kitchens. "This place is really cool. I wish I could eat every meal here."

"It is really nice, but I try not to come to much because I don't want to bother the house elves. Besides, I'm sure you'd miss the great hall if you only ever ate here."

"True true." Lily replied before the elf came back with hot plate of buns. "Oh my gosh these smell delicious" she went to reach for one when the door opened abruptly and Sirius, James, and peter tumbled into the kitchen. I was surprised they were up at this hour.
I frowned when I noticed Remus wasn't with them. Hopefully he wasn't too fatigued already since the full moon was tonight. I know I was feeling a lot better than I usually do the day of.