.38

Things had returned to almost normalcy within a few days. Normal as it could be for us fifth years. With owl's approaching in the coming months, the professors seemed to think we needed some extra preparation and began piling on hours of homework.

I heard Sirius groan from where his head rested on his arms atop the table. "I can't keep doing this its been hourrs." He dragged on the end dramatically.

"It's been 5 minutes mate." James said with a shrug, returning his attention to the quidditch book he was reading. Not schoolwork, but hey, at least he was literate.

I snorted, not taking my eyes from the parchment in front of me. "Hey only 2 more years after this. Hours will feel like 5 minutes by the time we are done with owls, much less Newts." I said with a shrug.

Before anyone could reply, a commotion stirred this end of the library, startling me and causing my elbow to knock my ink-pot when I turned back to my paper.

I let out an annoyed groan, quickly standing to me feet to avoid the ink that was dripping from the side of the table.

An annoyed shriek echoed from beside me where Sirius lept to his feet, avoiding the oncoming wave.

"What'd you do that for?" He questioned, whipping his wand out to clean the mess. He muttered a spell, obviously meant to remove the ink, but instead, the paper caught on fire, instantly devolving into a pile of singed embers that I watched helplessly float down to the table.

I slowly moved my burning gaze from the table to Sirius, crossing my arms in front of my chest and giving him my best glare. "What did you do that for!" I yelled right back, quickly quieting down when the librarian gave me an angry 'shush'.

He just looked at me sheepishly, his gaze wandering from the burned pile to my angry gaze.

"Sorry.." He trailed off, taking his seat once more.

"First you lock me in a closet and now you burn my homework? Someone might think you're out to get me." I said with a teasing smile, letting my anger fade away.

"Okay they were both meant with good intent!" James broke in, finally turning his attention from his book. Of course quidditch was the only thing that could keep his attention for more than 2 seconds, even when there was a burning pile of parchment in front of him.

"Sure.." I said, narrowing my eyes at them as I began packing my stuff.

"It really was," Sirius started, a grin spreading on his face before he continued, "Besides we couldn't have you and Remus fighting anymore. The tension was getting to us all." He said cheekily, twirling his wand between his fingers smoothly before he lost control, sending it flying towards James who caught it unceremoniously.

"Watch it!" James muttered in annoyance, holding the wand out for Sirius to take it back. Sirius shrugged sheepishly in response.

I shook my head, heaving my bag full of books over my shoulder. "Whatever, I'm going to the dungeons for a bit to check on the potion. Now that you know about it you don't have to question mine and Remus' whereabouts all of the time." I said with an eye role as I began to watch away.

"Oh so Remus is going to be there too? Why don't we just come along?" Sirius said with a grin, making a motion to sit up.

I panicked, speaking before my brain could catch up, "No!", I said a little hastily, playing with the hem of my shirt when I saw their responses to my words.

James' eyebrows were up to the ceiling, while Sirius just crossed his arms, leaning back in his chair so he could cross his feet on the table.

"No?" Sirius drawled out, "Why, want some more closet alone time with Remus?" He questioned, James letting out a snort beside him.