.6

The next few days were a blur. I was currently in herbology with Remus and James. We were learning how to feed and nourish a plant that helped prevent diseases, urges, and had extreme calming powers. It was a funny looking plant with silver, disk like flowers.

"Listen up everyone. This particular plant is called the Moonarc. It is named this because of its color, shape, and the fact that it can only bloom on the full moon." Ms. Sprout said.

This caught my interest. I sat up straighter and actually began listening to her rambling. It could prevent diseases and urges. Interesting.

"Now these have just bloomed this week and are prepared to gather the necessary nutrients to create the sticky leaves that contain those certain preventative properties." She said, gently passing out one plant to each person.

Remus and I stared at our plants in awe while James had closed his eyes and was probably almost asleep.

"James you git! Wake up." I slapped him over the head and he shot up straight and glared at me.

He folded his arms and grumbled something about people not appreciating naps.

Ms. Sprout told us that to reach its full potential, the plant would have to be watered with one liter of salt water every 3 days.

"Now I want you all for homework to care for and nurture these plants. And please don't lose them, because I don't have any to spare." She said eyeing some particularly forgetful students, including James. "Remember every three days! Class dismissed."

We gingerly picked up our plants and headed to our next classes. James said goodbye to us as he headed right to care of magical creatures, dropping his plant a total of three times. Remus and I continued straight to the transfiguration classroom, holding onto ours tightly. The plant got me thinking.

"Do you think this plant could help" I started, looking at him while I spoke. "With the...aggression." I said softly as we continued walking."

Remus didn't answer my question for a few minutes. "I wouldn't get your hopes up." He said shaking his head. "Do you know how many people have tried to find a cure, or even just a temporary fix?" He said with a frown on his face.

"I'm only asking. It wouldn't hurt to try right? It would be nice waking up without as many cuts." I said, frowning now.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try. Professor did say it helped with urges." He said after a moment of awkward silence.

"Great. The flowers will be fully ready by the next full moon right?" I questioned.

He nodded as we entered the transfiguration classroom. We sat a desk in the back and Sirius joined us a few minutes later.

"What're those weird plants?" He asked eyeing the silver dialed wearily.

Remus shrugged."We got them in herbology. They're supposed to be calming." He said. "You'll probably get one when you have herbology."

Sirius looked at it for a little longer before turning his attention elsewhere. McGonagall started the class a moment after. We were learning to transform a tortoise into a dinner plate.
Thankfully, the class went bye rather fast and we were sent off to potions. James appeared and groaned loudly when we stepped into the cold dungeon. He hated this class because we always had it with the Slytherins but this was actually my favorite class. The art of potion making always got me excited. This was one of the two classes I had with Lily, so I said goodbye to Remus and James as they sat down and went to join Lily at our usual table.

"Hey lils!" I said happyily until I noticed her expression.
"What's wrong?"

"Severus." She said sadly. "He's been hanging around with that group of Slytherins lately and I'm afraid they're having a large influence on his behavior." She said gesturing to where Severus was surrounded buy a group of sneering kids.

"I'm sure he won't be too much like them don't worry. Just think about potions class! I know this is your favorite." I said finally getting a smile onto her face.

"I'm so excited, today we're learning about a transformation potion. I read about it the other day! It's so cool." Lily rambled on as I half listened.

Professor Slughorn entered the classroom carrying a few piles of dried plants. He cleared his throats to get everyone's attention. "Alright eveyone" he started."You'll see I've put instructions on the board for the potion we will be brewing today. It is called the Vargen potion. It's named after the creater, Charles Vargen IV." He wrote the name on the board.

He scooped up a bunch of piles and began distribution the odd ingredients evenly among the students. After explaining what each material was, he told us to get working. I looked over my potions book and located the instructions for the potion. I could've used he board but I don't want to be looking up every few seconds. It was a rather complicated potion that required exact stirring. With a sigh, I began to cut the plants the way it asked. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lily look at Sev every so often with a disappointed look on her face. She sighed and returned to the potion with a faraway look on her face.

After a long while, my potion was nearly done. I stirred it exactly 7 times clockwise like it said to and raised my hand. Slughorn made his way over to my desk.

"Done already are ya?" He asked curiously eyeing my cauldron.

"I think so." I said looking over the steps once more.
He instructed me to scoop some into a vial and place it on the desk and wait. Soon enough everyone had a vial on there desk.

"Alright class. If you did it correctly then the results will turn out perfectly and I will give you the counter potion to reverse the affects." He said standing up. "Now I want everyone to take their vials and take a sip. A small sip mind you we don't want to overdo it." He said matter of factly.

Some people looked horrified at the thought of drinking their potions. I felt mildly confident, as I hoped I brewed it right.

"Bottoms up." I heard James say to Remus.

I laughed before taking a sip of my own. A warm sensation spread through my body and I could feel myself thinking down down down.! I looked around to see a multitude of animals on the floor. Unfortunately, I had turned into a tannish colored bunny. I groaned internally. I absolutely despised bunnies. My parents thought it would be a good idea to have one for a pet when I was 12. Wrong. It was an awful idea. I won't go into detail but let's just say it was a disaster and disappeared after the next full moon. I hopped over to where Remus and James had been only to see a small black hen and a duck. If I could laugh I would've. Slughorn's voice brought me back to reality.

"Alright if everyone who successfully brews it could please come to the front of the classroom." He said eyeing the abundance of animals. "And those of you who didn't. Please make your way the the hospital wing."

We all eventually made our way to the front and he began using a dropped to give everyone the antidote. One by one, people were being turned back into a human. Remus was some of the first to be turned back and he looked dazed for a moment before coming over to my small, bunny form. He laughed at my quivering state and scooped me up in his arms. He sat dawn cross legged and placed me on his leg.

"I'm sorry but this is hilarious." He said laughing. "You looked so scared as a bunny." He continued to laugh as James joined us.

Eventually Slughorn reached us and Remus placed me back onto the ground. A moment or so after receiving the antidote I finally was a person again. I lied facedown on the floor.

"Oh sweet Jesus. I can speak again." I said dramatically. "I never want to transform again." I said sighing before my words hit me. With that I sat up, a frown now etched onto my face. I would never be able to not transform. Every full moon I'm forced to transform, and those times it's not into a cuddly bunny.