.33

I knew I had woken up because I could hear sounds buzzing around me. But even though I could hear, it felt like I was in a bubble and the sounds were muffled. On top of that, my body felt like molten lava, and I found it extremely hard to move.

So I just laid there, unsure of my surrounding and unable to do anything.

It was a while before anything eventful happened. The sounds slowly faded away as I just laid there unmoving. Eventually, I began to feel something in my toes. I moved the eagerly, attempting to help the feeling spread to the rest of my body.

I felt a little weird moving around my body randomly as I regained feeling, but it was necessary because I was starting to freak out about not being able to move. A few minutes later, most of the feeling in my body had returned and I was able to open my eyes.

I was met with a blinding light that caused my eyes to shut right back up. I tried to get out a "bloody hell" but the noise that escaped my mouth sounded more like a strangled cry.

I opened my eyes, slower this time in an attempt to get used to the blinding light. It must be morning, because the light felt as warm as sunlight. I frowned at that thought though: there weren't any windows opened in the shrieking shack, they were all boarded up. So sunlight meant I must be somewhere else.

My eyes were all the way open now, and I sighed knowingly when I noticed the cots lined up on either side up me and the white hospital gown that stuck to my skin. I was in the hospital wing.

I searched my body for any kind of injury that would permit me being there, but I found none. There were only faint scratches on top of old scars, and no signs of a major injury.

I frowned as I took a second to think. Why in the world had I ended up in the hospital wing after the full moon with no injuries. Maybe they just assumed I'd be tired, but that wouldn't explain why Remus wasn't here.

I sighed, knowing I'd get an explanation later. I surveyed my area, hoping someone had left me some clothes. I really didn't fancy walking back to the tower through the freezing corridors in only a hospital gown. Thankfully, someone had retrieved a set of clothes for me from my dorm and placed them next to my bedside.

I carefully got up from my bed, although I was a little unsteady on my feet. I drew the curtains around the cot, although no one was in here it was still a precaution. I strained to put my clothes on, my muscles felt like I was dragging them through molasses with every movement.

I eventually managed to put clothes on myself, and quietly drew the curtains open once again. Though, all of that action made me quite dizzy, and my vision blurred as I stumbled towards to cot. I closed my eyes as my hands made contact with the cold metal of the cot. I scrambled onto the bed, ready to be off my feet before I collapsed. I laid on my side, trying to stop my head from spinning.

I'd made no progress by the time the hospital wing doors were thrust open. I heard a clamor of footsteps pound against the floor as they made their way to me. I didn't bother to open my eyes and risk being even more dizzy, I could tell who they were by their loud voices.

"Anna!" I heard Sirius exclaim as they neared me. "Are you awake?" He questioned quieter than his previous exclamation.

I let out a huff and nodded my head to show I heard him.

"How are you feeling, we've been so worried about you!" I heard James say not to far from where Sirius had spoken.

I incoherently mumbled out an I don't know, still trying to fight my extreme dizziness.

"You're looking a little pale." I heard Sirius chime in again. I felt someone poke my cheek a moment later. "You look like a ghost."

"Thanks." I responded lazily, my voice sounding quite hoarse.

"She speaks!" James exclaimed loudly, wooping.

I let out a small laugh, my dizziness subsiding just enough so I could open my eyes.

"Hello boys." Was all I said, scanning my eyes across them. I frowned when I saw that only three of them were here. "Where's Remus?" I questioned, surveying their faces for answers.

Sirius and James exchanged a look, seemingly talking with their eyes. "He...had some things to do?" James said questionably just as Sirius said: "He's finishing his potions assignment."

I gave them both a look and they just shrugged, clearly not on the same page. I furrowed my brows,"potions assignment? I thought we'd finished that the other day. I took us a bloody long time too."

"No the new one, we got it yesterday." Sirius said with a shrug.

"New one?" I said in question.

"Oh yeah you've been here for three days." James finally said, realizing my confusion.

I stared at them processing their words. "Three days!" I exclaimed. "Why the hell was I in the hospital wing for three days?" I questioned.

They exchanged another look before preceding, this time they clearly came to a consensus. "Remus kind of...explained everything to us," Sirius said rubbing the back of his head.

I looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

"About the potion and stuff." James came in, gesturing to the side table where a vial lay, empty.

I immediately remembered everything that had happened. I'd taken the potion even after Remus had asked me not to, and now I was in the hospital wing and everything was out in the open. There'd be no hiding it anymore.

I closed my eyes, feeling the guilt wash over me. "No wonder he didn't want to visit," I said quietly, resting back on the bed with a frown on my face. I opened them back up, trying to keep my emotions at bay as I glanced up at them.

"No he's...visited a lot." Sirius said, an uneasy look on his face. "He's just..a little upset."

"A little?" James exclaimed with a small laugh.

Sirius elbowed him in the ribs.

"Well... thank you for telling me." I said stiffly, wanting to just disappear.

"I'm sorry, Belle." James said quietly, probably to make up for his laughing at my expense earlier.

"Its okay." I mumbled, "it's my fault anyways. You guys should get going, I wouldn't want you to be late for class."

"Alright, we'll come visit later!" Sirius called out, already practically bounding towards the door. James and Peter followed, waving behind them as they exited.

The giant doors closed with a thud, leaving me in silence, Leaving me with plenty of time and space to think about what had happened. Plenty of time to think about everything my brash actions might affect, including my friendship with Remus.