.30

Remus let out a sigh of relief as we turned down the left corridor, our destination unknown. The cool air nudged my skin, making me heave a sigh of relief to get out of the stuffy library. I felt my stress slowly leave my body as we just walked down the corridor with an unknown destination.

"Sorry for that," I said suddenly, breaking the silence "I just really needed a break from studying, especially with James and Sirius there," I said with a laugh thinking about the sight of the two unusually huddled over their textbooks.

"It's an odd sight to see that two studying, unnerving actually," Remus said in agreement.

There was a beat of silence before he continued, "So what did you have in mind for this break from studying" He said curiously.

"not much" I replied truthfully. "I hadn't really thought of it, just thinking of getting away from my books."

He hummed in agreement before replying, "We could just walk around. It'd be nice to get some fresh air before we're stuck inside" He said with a shrug.

"Yeah, let's do that then" I answered as we walked towards the doors of the castle, preparing myself for the crisp air, but welcoming it nonetheless.

We chatted with small talk for a while, laughing as we caught up. After a while, our conversation dyed down a little, both of us just enjoying the atmosphere.

My mind wandered as we walk, thinking about our potion, as I hadn't thought about it in a while. "When do you think you want to work on our other project again?" I questioned.

He shrugged, thinking about my question. "Definitly soon, though I'd like to research a bit more before we continue I think."

I nodded in agreement, though I thought we might need to do a little more than just research. "Do you think we should test our potions this full moon?" I blurted out, glancing at him to gauge his reaction.

He raised his eyebrows at my question, clearly not expecting it. "I..don't know," he said back with a shrug. "I mean we don't even know what it is, what if it actually made it worse?"

I nodded, taking in his words. "But what if it makes it better? Just researching will only get us so far."

He gave me an unsure look. "I don't know Belle, it just seems like too big of a risk."

I sighed, knowing he probably didn't want to test it. "Well, what if I just tried it, that way you wouldn't have to be at risk?" I questioned

He shook his head immediately, "absolutely not. I don't want you just putting yourself at risk, Belle."

I scowled at him. "I get if you don't want to take it but why can't I?"

He let out an exasperated sigh, clearly not wanting to budge on his opinion."Belle, you shouldn't have to put your life at risk to make this work." He said, stopping in the middle of the hallways, grabbing my hands with his own.

"But what if that's what it takes," I said with a shrug, only looking at our joined hands.

He shook his head, "If you get hurt then it's not worth it."

I pondered his words for a moment, unsure of how to respond. I moved my gaze from our hands to look at his face. His expression looked conflicted, almost as if he wanted to say something more but couldn't find the words to say it.

"Just..please promise me you won't hurt yourself for this?" He asked, concern across his features.

I sighed, looking away from him once more and dropping our hands. "I'll try." Was all I got out.

He didn't look convinced, but let out a sigh of relief anyway. He shoved his hands in his pockets, almost as if he didn't know what to do with them now that they'd left my own.

We decided to walk again, though the conversation was a lot smaller than before, neither one of us really knowing what to do after our talk.

My mind wandered as we turned a corner, thinking of the four vials that sat at the bottom of my trunk as I glanced at Remus. I made a decision at that moment, knowing I would do what I had to in order for this to be successful. I averted my gaze, looking at the ground in guilt, hoping I would be making the right decision.