9.

Mitch ends up leaving around one A.M. and in the morning Scott is in an extremely good mood. He's really looking forward to his date with Mitch tonight. He can't believe he already has a date. Scott figured it would take a lot of time for him to be ready to be with someone again.

He does find it weird that he has the house all to himself. Scott almost calls for Ash to come down stairs for breakfast multiple times. Scott doesn't bother putting anything other than boxers on, he might as well take advantage of being alone.

Scott's halfway through eating a bowl of cereal when there's a knock at his door. Scott doesn't bother putting any clothes on, he likes his body enough to not feel uncomfortable almost naked.

"Mitch? What are you doing here?" Scott asks, a smile already forming on his face.

"I know we're already going to see each other tonight, I just wanted to see you again." Mitch says. "Plus I figured eating without Asher might be hard. I brought food. I should have called, I just-"

"Mitch, slow down." Scott chuckles, he says cutting the brunettes rant off. "I'm glad you came over."

"Really?"

"Of course." he smiles. "I wouldn't have asked you on a date later tonight if I didn't like spending time with you."

Mitch smiles and Scott lets him inside. Scott really was enjoying having him over. He was kind of lonely in his house all by himself, having Mitch over was nice.

"So, you mentioned food?" Scott says, making Mitch laugh.

"That I did." Mitch says. He sets a brown paper bag on Scott's kitchen counter and starts taking things out of it. "I didn't know what you liked, but I figured pancakes were a safe option."

"You chose wisely." Scott says. "I love pancakes, thanks Mitch."

"It was my pleasure." he smiles. "I just needed an excuse to see you again."

"Mitch, you'll never need an excuse." Scott says. "Just come over whenever you want. I love having you over, plus I think Ash likes you."

"Noted." Mitch nods. "Nice outfit, by the way."

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting company." Scott says. "I can go change if you want."

"No, you're fine." Mitch says. "I like you in just your boxers."

"Then boxers it is."

Scott smiles as he steps closer to Mitch. The smaller boy watches as Scott gets impossibly close to him. Scott connects their lips and smiles into the kiss. Mitch really was a good kisser. His lips were always soft and they were plump.

"Thanks for bringing breakfast over, Mitchy." Scott smiles, making up a new nickname. Scott picks up the boxes and then goes to his living room. Mitch follows and sits beside Scott on the couch. "Do you want to finish Beauty and the Beast? We got distracted last night."

After Asher called, Scott and Mitch kissed a lot more and then Mitch wanted to hear Scott sing. They both ended up having their own makeshift Karaoke night together.

"That sounds great." Mitch says. Scott starts the movie again  and makes sure that he's sitting extremely close to Mitch. Something about the brunette had Scott already wanting so much. It didn't even seem to matter that only a couple weeks ago Scott was happily married.

He didn't know if he would be good at trusting others for awhile though. Scott had trusted Kayla compelty and she had cheated on him. It's not like Scott and Mitch would probably make it for the long run. What were the chances that the first person Scott liked after his divorce would be the one?

Scott doesn't even know if he believed in the one anymore. Kayla was supposed to be his one and only. Scott now saw how well that had ended up working out for him. For now Scott was just going to take things one step at a time.

Mitch laughs at something in the movie and Scott smiles. Mitch really was adorable. Scott was definitely looking forward to their date tonight. It would be nice to have some fun, even if things didn't end up working out between them. Who knows, maybe It would work out.
---
As always thanks for reading! I just want to thank y'all for all the support you've been giving this book. It really means a lot to me! Have a good rest of your day.