FORTY FIVE

Hindi kami nagtagal sa trade launch event kagabi. The band only played two songs with the cast of a forthcoming show set for this year. Kaunting kwentuhan sa mga kakilalang personalidad ay lumisan na kami. We have to be early for the flight back to Cebu.

Witnessing that Dean and Jillian attended the same event last night but were not seen talking, only foregrounded the speculations pointed at them. Then a thought came to me, paano nilang nasabi na may relasyon ang dalawa? Mrs. Lopez's connection cannot be considered as a proof alone.

Sinubo ko ang huling piraso ng toasted bread at pinagpag ang kamay bago ako nagtipa sa aking laptop.

Being reminded by the crazy media just to get a scoop from Dean had my curiosity swell just fine. Nakikipaglaro lang yata siya ng hulaan sa mga tsismoso. I don't get why he seems so passive when it comes to defending himself.

One article to another until it led me to a recent headline dated yesterday afternoon. Hours prior to the event.

Jaillin Lopez speaks about The Metaphoricals vocalist Dean Ortigoza's affair and her new look. Could this be a post-break up make over?

Click the video below to watch.

Saglit nag-load ang video bago pinakita si Jillian sa maikli nitong buhok. Not as short as mine but the style had me suspicious. Mahirap sa aking hindi isipin na ginagaya na naman niya ako.

Nasa ibaba siya ng stage kung saan may nageensayo ng blockings at steppings. She's sans make-up, sweating a little, and I won't really deny that she's pretty. She's eagerly listening to the reporter's probing. Puro microphones at recorders and nakapaligid sa kanya.

"I saw the video, pero ayoko po munang magsalita tungkol doon. We haven't talked about it, actually. He's pretty busy for their homecoming concert in Cebu while I, obviously have my hands full for my upcoming show..."

She's to star in a musical drama show. May appearance ang banda dahil sa musika nga ang tema nito. Dean was supposed to be the male lead but he declined so the production had Theone replace him instead. The media and netizens have forecasted this as her break out project.

"The new hair Miss Jaillin?"

"The new hair!" She giggled, sabay haplos sa kanyang buhok. "I had to cut my hair for the show. Wala pong kinalaman sa issue. Nagulat na lang po ako na break na pala kami. So not true at all." She sweet giggled again.

My brows deepened. Para sa show nga ba talaga?

"You'd be working together in the show, is this true?"

"Yes, actually he's set to co-write a song with me that would be use as one of the theme songs..."

At dahil nakuha na nila ang gustong malaman ay lumihis na sila sa ibang usapan. I wasn't interested so I stopped the video. Binasa ko ang mga related topics ng balita.

Marami akong nilagpasan na mga articles at videos na patunay na nagkakamabutihan ang dalawa. I used to overlook these evidences before. Some of it were blind items na agad ring nakumpirma nang sumunod na buwan dahil sa pumutok na balita tungkol sa kanila. Jillian visiting the studio, both seen in a fancy resto, at may balita pang sinulatan siya umano ng kanta nito! She debuted last year as one of the network's fresh talent, and was predicted to be this years's one of the fast-rising stars, all thanks to her rumored relationship with the country's most famous rockstar.

"Hindi pala girlfriend, huh. Then what are these, Dean...?" I sounded so bitter and disappointed.

Pumait ang aking bibig taliwas sa tamis na tinutugtog ni Dean sa piano galing sa music room. A heavy boulder conquered the corners of my chest and bitterness ran in my veins. I remembered my doubts about him way back when we were young and I wonder if this has tantamounted to the antecedent dubiety. Or was this much stronger?