FORTY SEVEN

Hindi na ako makahabol sa usapan at mas pinagtutuunan ang kalabog ng aking puso. This has nothing to do with the loud active speakers. Every beat feels like an omen. Pansamantala kong itinigil ang pag-inom ng beer at baka ito pa ang dahilan ng aking nerbyos.

We're at the Rivero twin's residence for the after party. Nasa iisang table ang grupo namin na dating magkakaklase at schoolmates noong highschool. Ang ibang hindi nakapunta sa concert ay dito na dumiretso.

Mariin kong inipit ang aking labi nang maalala ang kaganapan kanina sa madilim na backstage. Upon reminding myself, the rise of my panic heightened. This could be the mainspring of my unease. Someone could have been there! Hindi na ako magtataka kung bukas ay may kumakalat ng video scandal!

Mas umusad ang aking pangamba. Several images made a playground out of my mind as they played; Flashes of camera, character assasination, cyber bashings, Dean's denial about us...Mabilis ang aking hininga sa walang katapusang lubid na mga imahe. Namamawis ang aking likod at kamay na aking ikinuyom.

But for what it's worth, you enjoyed what happened Ruth. Damn right. Nakakahiya mang aminin pero iyon ang totoong nagsusumiksik sa aking dugo. Gigil akong kurutin ang sarili nang maalala ang alingawngaw ng aking iyak at...si Dean.

I was drawn away from my trance when I felt a warm and almost bony hand on mine. Tinulak ko sa himig ng kasalukuyan ang aking diwa.

"And what was in Dean's mind bringing himself in to that liar? She was this sophomore nerd who turned into a swan because of her parents' eminence in the network!"

To my utter surprise, hindi ko inasahang manggagaling pa mismo iyon kay Lucia. Every soul in here knew how we were during highschool. Maybe this is part of maturity? It occurred to me that when we mature, it is easier for us to move on from the past. Pagtatawanan na lang namin iyong nakaraan na tila walang tapunan ng bola sa ulo ang nangyari. But she will always be the bitch I know. And I know she won't mind if I say it straight to her pretty face.

"The kinds of people that most of us chose to believe, Lucia, are the popular ones and those who we thought were the sweetie good girl. " one of her sidekicks before said, "And those who have a squeaky clean record of misbehaviors."

"Turns out, sila ang dapat mas hindi pinagkakatiwalaan." Sinilaban ni Lucia ng lighter ang nakaipit na sigarilyo sa kanyang labi. "Dark motives should be hidden behind an angelic exterior. That's how traitors work."

Hinawi ko ang binuga niyang usok na sa akin pa talaga dumaan. Lucia smirked at me before she made another inhale of the stick.

"But why's Dean not saying anything?" tanong ng kaklase kong nasa aking tabi.

"Dean doesn't talk. He hates explaining things. We know that he sings and acts for the truth so..."Muling humawak si Lucia sa aking kamay. "You just gotta trust him, amiga. I know I was a bitch to you before but so were you to me. Just so you know I've always liked your non plastic behavior unlike that nerd."She rolled her eyes. "'Di ba inaway pa 'yun ng kapatid mo? I learned to love your sister because of that." She chuckled.

Tumango ako nang maalala iyon. I remember how I was torn on who to defend but I ended up justifying for the fallen one.

Mali pa rin naman kasi ang ginawa ni Sue. But now that I have arrived to this knowledge of what that girl can do, maybe I should have not kept my sister from talking shit to her. Oo na, ako na masama.

Trust isn't that easy to find so as justice. The two always go hand in hand like inseperable rebellious couples shying away from the people who needed them the most. Palagi kasing naaabuso kaya pinagtataguan na rin tayo. Funny how I came to be friends with a used to be archenemy while I became enemies with the one whom I thought was a family.