Chapter Forty-six.

I would like to give a shoutout to b3chl03wr1t3r and LastHope21 for giving me the ideas for this chapter. I couldn't just pick one, so I combined your ideas together! I have also picked two more ideas, which will be in the next chapter! Again, thank you guys for the ideas! Without you two, this chapter wouldn't have been created!

---

After returning to the campsite after our tubing activity, Rachel and I decided to go for a walk around the grounds. The site was large, as it had many, many trails that lead into the woods; some short and beautiful, while others were longer and more secluded. All in all, I thought going on a walk with her would be perfect, considering that we haven't had any alone time since we've been here.

"Which trail do you prefer?" Rachel asked, as she lifted her index finger and pointed at the two trails in front of us. "Bright and beautiful? Or dark and mysterious?"

"Hmm..." I hummed, as I eyed each trail carefully, before nodding my head towards the right. "That one." I told, before dragging my feet towards the dark entrance.

Rachel gulped lightly, as she gripped onto my hand and trailed behind me. Her and I didn't say a word, as we walked further and further down the trail. Enormous trees nearly engulfed us, as the only proper ways to maneuver through the woods were either walking forward or backward. The lighting was dime, as the top of the leafs of the trees blocked majority of the sunlight. The singing of birds was music to our ears, as it made the atmosphere peaceful.

"Perfect." Rachel mumbled, as she moved forward, dragging me down a steep hill.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, as she pulled me towards large bolder, sitting in the middle of the woods. Nobody could have pushed or carried this over here, or maybe it has always been here? Who knows. My family and I have camped here before, and not once, have I noticed this here.

As soon as Rachel and I approached the rock, she let go of my hand, as she took a seat onto the hard, warm mineral.

"Ah!" She sighed in relaxation. "This is nice. Come sit next to me!" Rachel demanded, as she took my hand and forced me to sit next to her.

Into my surprise, the bolder wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought. It was pretty smooth at the top. The little sun that shined through the tops of the trees, hit the rock, keeping it warm to the touch.

Rachel and I sat in silence, as we took in the wonderful atmosphere.

Honestly, this feels great; spending some alone time with my girlfriend, for the first time in days. Sitting on this warm, smooth bolder as our hands gently lay upon each other. Silence; comfortable, soothing silence. There isn't anybody else in the world that I would want to do this with.

I slowly turned my head, as I eyed Rachel carefully. Her eyes were closed, as she bent her head back; she was letting the warm sun hit her face. The corners of her lips formed upwards into a smile, as she hummed softly. Rachel wanted to relax, and after the long few days, she finally deserved it.

Rachel opens her eyes, as she slowly turns her head to look at me. She giggles lightly, as she shook her head from left to right.

"What are you staring at?" She asks, as she slowly lays her head upon my shoulder.

I wrap my arm around her, as I pulled her closer. "Definitely not you." I spoke with sarcasm, as I chuckled out loud.

"Ha!" Rachel playfully scoffs. "Very funny, you dork."