I am a.... what ?!!

**** Mia's pov ****

We are in the middle of nowhere and honestly I don't know how Harry's uncle has managed to get a place in the middle of a raging sea but we both have no other choice so we have to follow them.

Both of us are in the floor sharing a carpet to sleep, Harry's uncle and aunt has taken the single bedroom and Dudley is sleeping on the coach, not to mention he snores loudly.

In all these commotions I have forgotten that tomorrow is Harry's birthday and I have got nothing to give him so I simply drew a cake in the dirt on the floor and shook him awake.

"What is it Mia ? Do you want anything?" Harry asked in a soft tone.

"No! actually..., I am sorry that I can't get you anything but happy birthday Harry!!!"  I said with a faint smile.

"Oh! Thanks you Mia for remembering my birthday and don't feel bad I am really happy that you remembered​ it in all these problems "said Harry slightly amused.

Did he really thought I don't care for him?!.

"Hey! Don't you dare think like that Harold. You are my best friend "  I said and signalled towards the floor.

Harry chuckled at his nickname and saw the floor where I has drawn a sketch of a cake with the caption "Happy birthday Harry" his lips curved a bit on seeing the sketch.

"Come on Harry! Make a wish " I said.

Harry closed his eyes and made a wish to share a place with Mia where they have people to love them, treat them like family and to have people to call as friends and blew the candles in the sketch.

Just after that there was a knock in the front door but they ignored it but once the banging got louder we both started to panic and with a loud sound the door came crashing to the ground and a gigantic figure emerged into the room and out of instincts I  grabbed Harry's hand which he squeezed a bit to give me comfort and pulled me behind him to shield​ me protectively.

Meanwhile Harry's aunt and uncle arrived there with Mr.Dursley holding a gun for protection but the gaint don't even spare them a look and turned towards Dudley whom he mistakes to be Harry.

***Harry's pov***

When I finished making my wish the door came crashing and a gaint entered the cottage. I can feel Mia's body tense beside me and she grabbed my hand I squeezed it a little to assure her and fortunately she relaxed, while the gaint made himself comfortable in the couch which he almost broke by sitting on it . And introduced himself as Rubeus Hagrid , Game keeper at Hogwarts.

I shielded Mia behind my back but once the gaint addressed Dudley as me I stepped infront of him.

Then came the shock of my life that I'm a wizard and the letter is from the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry .

My blood boiled when my aunt and uncle  said knowing about my parents being wizards and they didn't died in a car crash and kept me in the dark all the while, so I decided to leave with Hagrid .

He said that we have to get another girl named Mia Smith then it hit me even Mia is getting all those​ letters so that means she is a wich .

Wow!! I cannot ask for more, now Mia will be there with me. "But she will come with me right? " I asked myself.

Once Hagrid mentioned about Mia she stepped out of the shades with confusion clearly written on her face.

*** Mia's pov ***

Everything happened after that is like a blur because my mind got struck at the point when he said Harry is a wizard and his parents didn't died in the car crash even the whole Dursley family know the truth but kept it as a secret. I came out of my trance once I heard him say my name.

I turned to look at Hagrid, he smiled at me and gave me a envelope addressed to me only then I realised that Harry has got his letter too , soon reality hit me and I started "I am a ..."

"Witch" Hagrid completed my sentence.

And soon added "even a powerful one if you ask me" I turned towards Harry who has the same reaction as me both of our faces are etched with confusion.

On the other hand I felt really happy because I will be going to a school where they teach magic, where people won't call us weird, a place which I can share with Harry, a place where I can get new friends​ and where I can be away from my adopted family.

But then it hit me that my family won't allow me to go, when I voiced my question to Hagrid he just smiled and said that will be taken care of and said the important question is whether we both wanted to come or not .

Harry took a glance at the Dursley's and said he wants to go to Hogwarts and I nodded too.

A/n: phew, chapter 5 is out and I hope the story is good do vote and comment , feedbacks are welcome too. So how is the nickname Harold do you guys like protective Harry? please let me know.

P.S : I will give equal importance to both Mia and Harry so it will not be always like the prince will save the damsel😃😃😃

Bye and
thank you lovelies 😇😇