Norbert

*** Third person pov ***

Christmas break was finally over Mia was writing some notes for upcoming test in the library with Harry and Ron.

"How can I be so stupid? I has you looking in the wrong section." Hermione said holding a big book in her hand.

"This book? We've checked this for a bit light reading , remember?" Mia asked Hermione after getting the book from her.

"Is this light?" Ron asked but Hermione was busy flipping through the pages ,then said

" Here it is. Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of sorcerer's stone"

"The what?" Harry asked

" Honestly,  don't you two read?" Hermione asked but Mia cut off her not wanting harry to get scolded and started reading the content to them "the sorcerers stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers , it will transform any metal into pure gold and produces the elixir of life which will make the drinker immortal"

"Immortal?!" Ron asked.

"It means you will never die" Hermione said.

"I know what it means!!" Ron yells at her.

Harry asked them to stop bickering and asked Mia to continue reading.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr Nicholas flamel the noted Alchemist who last year celebrated his 665th birthday" Mia  finished reading.

"That's what Fluffy is gaurding. The sorcerer's stone is what under the trapdoor" both Mia and Harry said at the same time and the four friends shared a look.

~~~ Midnight ~~~

Mia, Harry ,Ron and Hermione were running across the school grounds to meet Hagrid.

Harry knocked on the door , "hagrid" both Mia and harry said on seeing him.

"Don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no state to entertain" hagrid said and try to close the door.

"We know about the sorcerer's stone"  four of them said at the same time. Hagrid allowed them inside.

"We think Snape is trying to steal it"Harry added.

"Snape is one of the teacher protecting the stone and he won't steal it" hagrid said 

"Wait, one of the teacher?" Mia asked unsure.

"Ofcourse there are other things defending the stone, aren't they?" Hermione asked.

"Like spell and enchantments, or protective borders" Mia suggested.

"Right, but if you ask me no one gonna get past fluffy. Ain't a soul know how except for me and Dumbledore. Now come on, I am already preoccupied with something" Hagrid said.

Just then all of them heard clanking noise coming from the cauldron over the fire. Harry and Mia looked at each other confused.

"Hagrid what exactly is this?" Mia asked the gaint innocently.

"I know what it is but how did you get one?" Ron asked.

"I won it off a stranger I met down at the pub . Seemed glad to be rid of it" hagrid said.

The thing started to move slightly the four young griffindors backed away. The thing slowly broke , revealing two pairs of small wings.

"Is it a dragon?" Hermione said, it sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Wait a minute it's not a dragon 'mione it's... a Norwegian Ridgeback." Mia said making all four of them turn to her side.

"Yeah my brother Charlie work with these in Romania, but how did you know?" Ron asked as even bookworm Hermione is unsure about the thing.

"Well I do read , I ...I like to know stuffs" Mia answered as her face turned a shade of pink from the sudden reaction of her ginger friend.

"Well then you're more humble about being intelligent " Ron said to tick off Hermione.

Two of them started their bickering making Mia smile still with a tinch of blush on her cheeks not knowing that Harry is staring at her smiling.

By the time the dragon is completely out of the shell ,

"Isn't he beautiful ? Oh bless him . Look he knows his mummy" hagrid said as the dragon looked at him.

"Hello Norbert" hagrid petted the dragon.

"Norbert?" Asked Harry.

"He is gotta have a name, don't he?" Hagrid petted Norbert again but he set out fire. Hagrid patted his beard which caught on some fire.

"He'll have to be trained up a bit , ofcourse" hagrid added

Ron looked at both Mia and harry but then they saw hagrid squint his eyes at the window and asked "who is that?"

The four griffindors faced the wind to see Malfoy holding a lamp but once they saw him , he ran off.

"Malfoy" Harry muttered.

A/n : sorry guys for not updating for a while ,so how is today's chapter do you guys like it?? Do vote and comments if you like. I will be giving regular updates atleast I will try 😃😃.

Bye
And thank you lovelies 💚💝💙