Hogwarts Halloween

*** Mia's pov ***

"We need to talk" Harry's voice broke the silence in the common room.

I just nodded asking him to continue.

"It's...um....well...just promise me you'll be safe and be away from any sort of danger" he said his voice lowering to a whisper at the mention of last part of danger.

His bright emerald green eyes are now dull, the bangs under his eyes made him look tired ,his once alert body reflex movements are now slow and limited.

He look exhausted both physically and mentally. And believe me the sight of his slumped figure broke something within me.

"Harry tell me clearly. What happened at your detention?" I asked scooting closer to him placing a hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"Well...uh.." he sighed once again making me rub circles on his back encouraging him to continue.

"When I was in detention answering the fan mails of Lockhart I heard a voice" he trailed off looking at my eyes.

I blinked silently asking him to continue ensuring that I'm listening.

"It's not like a ordinary voice it's more husky and sounded very icy more like a shrill" he sighed.

"What did it say?" I asked as he took my hands in his.

"Come....get it.....kill....kill...." He said as his grip got more tight.

"Did Lockhart hear that?" I asked but he just shook his head.

"Only I can hear it on top of that I can't see the thing, it's invisible" he sighed running a hand on his messy hair.

"Harry its going to be alright. Did you say this to anyone else?" I asked but he just shook his head.

"They won't believe me, I know that you will trust me and please Mia stay away from danger" he said while pulling me in for a tight hug all of a sudden.

"I will but you have to be careful too" I mumbled against his chest.

"What about Ron and mione? You going to tell them right?" I asked after pulling away from him.

"I don't know. It's not like I don't trust them it's... Just.. I'm not ready" he sighed.

"But Harry.." I tried to protest.

"Please" he whispered making me sigh.

I don't want to push him more, it's like he is in a inner turmoil and I don't want him to get more pressured.

"Did you eat something?" I asked him changing the topic to ease the tension.

"No" he answered but looked at me before continuing "did you skip your dinner?"

I smiled sheepishly making him groan.

"Why don't you listen to me atleast once?" He asked.

"Well I will listen to you, once you make me feel less worried about you. But knowing you it's not gonna happen so you have to face me with my all found craziness" I replied.

"You are impossible" he just chuckled making me pout.

"Oye!!! Shut it!! I have bought apples from feast wanna share??" I asked him while getting apples from my bag.

"Let's share!!!" He said as we became busy devouring our apples.

-----------------------------------------------------------