his insecurities {e}

🍑

you walk in to see Ethan, your boyfriend, staring at himself in the mirror. turning and moving different parts of his body, examining them closely. you walk closer to him and place your hand on his arm, causing him to jump. he turns towards you, a surprised expression on his face.

"sorry babe" you say

he slaps a fake smile on his beautiful face "it's okay"

you take his hand and lead him away from the mirror. you lay on the bed and feel his head gently lay on your stomach. you run your fingers down his back, sending shivers up his spine. you continue to rub his back as you ask him what he was doing.

"baby, what were you doing?" you ask lightly

he hesitates before answering "oh, nothing"

it was silent for a few moments.

"Ethan, tell me what's going on in that beautiful mind of yours"

he's quiet again. you gently raise his head and lay him on a pillow next to you before moving down towards his face. so you two are now face to face. he doesn't dare make eye contact with you, for he knows you will figure out what's wrong. a tear falls down his cheek, but you kiss it before it can fall.

"is it the hate again?" you ask quietly

he nods

"baby, you know that nothing is wrong with you. every single aspect of you is perfect."

he nods, still not making eye contact

you kiss his forehead "your forehead is perfect"

you kiss his nose "your nose is adorable"

you kiss his lips "your lips are seductive"

you trail kisses all around his jaw "your jaw line is sexy"

you run your hands down to his biceps "your biceps are so intriguing"

you let your fingers run down his toned chest, trailing in and out of the valleys in his abs "your abs are tempting"

you run your hands back up to his face. you kiss his lips passionately and he kisses back with much more emotion. you could taste his sadness and insecurities. you could feel his lack of confidence and hatred towards his body. all because of the hate.

you pull away and look into his eyes "you are perfect and i love you so much. don't you ever forget that"

he smiles and your heart flutters "i won't, but there's a problem"

your heart drops a little as you raise your eyebrow in confusion.

"i love you more" he says, a smile playing on his lips

you laugh "that's debatable"

🍑