Chapter 7

Roses pov

I ran through the tall dark murky forest with nothing chasing me. Just darkness covering me and my tracks. I am escaping my death to continue on living in freedom. I don't think they know I'm missing yet. But I need to keep going. I need to get as far away from that place as possible. There is only pain and a burden there. And that is me.

I continue to run swishing the leaves and branches out of my face, dodging the trees and watching were my feet are. I then get a major stitch inside. I leaned on a dark cold tree trying to catch my only being able to hear the hundreds of animals gossiping about me. I then turn my head behind me to see a fresh water river only less then 20 metres from me. I then tried to walk but winced in pain from the baby. I then got on my knees and hands and drank the water straight from the stream.

Cals Pov

"Where the hell is she?!", I asked again and again to Lovejoy and Ruth.

"We don't know", was all Lovejoy can say

"She's not in her quarters either sir", A maid curtesy for me telling me her findings.

"So Rose isn't on the property?", Ruth asked worryingly about her only daughter.

"It would seem so. But it's dark now and their is no way we could go out looking for her. We will have to find her in the morning", with that said Lovejoy then walked out of the room.

"But Rose can't survive on her own out there. Yet alone the forest!", Ruth raised her voice at me.

"Perhaps Rose has picked up on Jacks street skills. Sleeping under bridges and surviving the wilderness that sort of thing", I then winked at her and walked out before she would say anything else.

Roses Pov

I lit a small fire for myself to keep warm. I'm not afraid of this place or to be alone and cold. I'm afraid to go back to that house. Afraid to see,talk, sit with those people who treat me like dirt. Filth. They sweep me under a rug hoping that no one will look under to find me. And when they do, they embarrass me, exploit me for their own fun and amusement. I was their toy in their toy box. The one right down the very bottom, that every now and again you pull out and have fun with. Then I'm back in the black box again. It was a repeat of games for them. But I hate that game. And everyone involved with it. 

"Come Josephine in my flying machine. And up she goes. Up she goes. Come Josephine.. In my flying Mach-ine", I then paused looking at the stick I poked around the fire with that was now alight with a bright orange flame. I then popped it back in the fire. I then moved away from the fire so I could get some shut eye without my dress catching alight.

*morning*
*the next day*

I awoke to the sounds of nature. The leaves crackling from under me. To some twigs that made a nest in my hair. My stomach growled like every animal on this planet. It was time for breakfast.

I found a pebble,worm and a strong long vine that I could cast out to the river. I've caught three Trout in less then an hour. All I have to do is cook them.

I then stand at the edge of the creek bed inhaling the fresh cold hair. It feels like I'm back in England. Overcast grey skies, the foggy breath, the cold climate that made you sit by the fire. Everything is just so peaceful and calm. I then heard a stick snap.

"No no no no", I dropped my line and ran fur my life along the riverbed. One by one more men appear in the tree line of the forest pursuing me. They were on my tail I then looked back to see six guys running after me. I then looked forward and slammed into one of them, "No! NO!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I was arrested in the water. I squeezed my legs tightly together so no water could get in. "No no", I wept, "please no. No! NOOOOO!", I screamed as they picked my up out if the water, "NOOOOOO!!", I cried out as I was carried back to the car. I was then viscously dumped and locked in the car that I hate. Going to a place I hate. To people I hate. I want Jack. I want my kids. That's all I ask for now.

Cals Pov

"Quite remarkable really sir", I then threw a stick into Roses fire she had made last night to keep her warm. Ruth is still traumatised about Rose being out here all alone by herself and running away. "The boys even found these", he then threw brown slugs on the ground

"Ew what are they?", I asked the officer

"Trout. It's s fresh water fish. She caught these herself along the riverbank and would of cooked them for breakfast. I've got to say. These are a pretty decent size. Never seen Trout the size of this in New York before..", I then look over to see Ruth sitting on a log disgusted by the forest.  I then thank the gentleman and his team and drove back to the house.

I don't say anything to Rose. All I hear is her weeping and screams wanting to be reunited with Jack and her kids. And that's all we heard from her in two days.