Chapter 33

Roses Pov

*a week later*

I am awfully nervous about entering court. All eyes would be on me and the baby. She's still so small but she'll have to do. She's perfect in my eyes. My little ray of sunshine.

"Rose", Jack knocked on the bathroom door, "you ready?", I finished doing my hair. I took a breath out and swallowed. I then exited to see the twins sitting down on the couch (our fold up bed) . Jack then picked up Josephine and off we went.

***

We sat down and the court was packed. Every seat was filled. "Jack I need to go to the toilet", I told him. He remained in the hallway holding Josephine while the twins stood beside him. I went and came out to see my mother in the mirror doing her hair and makeup. I avoided eye contact and proceeded to wash my hands. Her eyes rested upon me the whole time. My eyes then trailed up as she was still staring at me.

"Mother", I acknowledged her. I then wiped my hands in my dress knowing I want to leave as soon as possible.

"Rose. You look well", she commented on my post-baby self.

"Thank you", I then made my quick exit.

Jack smiled, pulled faces, and talked to Josephine. I then picked up both the twins hands and led them to the main room. Jack slowly followed looking at Josie the whole time. Trying to make her happy and go to sleep. He then sat down and she was out.

"Would you look at that. Aren't I the baby whisperer", he joked. I just smiled. I then turned to the twins telling them to settle down. Mother than walked in. She glared at me like a hawk. Jack saw.

"Rose what's wrong?", he asked.

"Nothing. Nothing wrong Jack", I tried to hide it. I then tried to get comfortable, "what?", I asked as he kept staring at me.

"What happened in the bathroom?", he asked sensing and noticing the tension.

"I ran into my mother that's all", we the stood up, hopefully for the last time on this issue.

"What happened?", Jack leaned over and asked. Ignoring what people in the court were saying.

"She was there in the mirror while I washed my hands", I swallowed, "she kept looking at me Jack. She then said a few kind words and that was it", I shortened it for him.

****

"You're gonna do great Rose. This will all be over soon. I'll right beside you", he squeezed me hand.

"Rose Dawson!", my name was called to the podium. I then stood up. Jack then did too and kissed me. I then bent down to the children and did the same on their cute squishy faces. As I walked up there my whole world slowed down. Jack smiled as he held Josephine in his arms. Cal, Ruth and Lovejoy had  their faces down and arms folded. Their were flashes from photographs for my first public appearance since Josies birth. The world stopped for me as I sat there. Only to be brought back to life by the hammer and Cals lawyer coming up to face me.

"Rose, over the last few days in your absence. Your children have given witness and statements of what my client has done to you. They have explained what happened on the night of the premiere. As well as your first day on set. Where you turned round only to find Mr Hockley lips on yours. Is this true?"

"Yes", I quickly answered.

"Please give us your side of the story", I then took a deep breath.

"Well we all went the premiere and we couldn't get the car cause the road was blocked. We then decided to walk a few blocks home. That's when Lilly spotted Cal in his car following us. We then all ran but we came to a dead end. We found a hole to put the twins through and told them to run. Me and Jack tried to fight our way through to each other but their were too many men. Cal had hired them. Me as Jack were then put in separate cars. His went to jail. And mine went to Cals new house. I then stayed at his house. And one night I ran away. I stayed a few nights in the Forrest before Cal came and got me. I then told him I was pregnant with me and Jacks daughter but he denied it. So did everyone. But all the servants. I then went into town to pick up my script and I secretly met the twins when I was in the meeting. I then went back and that's when we came up with the idea of the party to announce my pregnancy. After the party I was down in the cellar and Cal yelled at me. I then got a call for my costume fitting and I went. The next day was the shoot and Cal escorted me. I then lost him and met with the twins. I then took them to my dressing room and. And that's when I opened the door and he forced himself on me. He kissed me. I then pushed him off and he got aggravated. He threw stuff all around the room and he was about to bash a lamp on my head! Then Lilly and Jackson came out and saved me.  Which I'm internally grateful for that", I looked over at them, "I'm so greatfull. Cause otherwise if that lamp did come down on my head. I or me and Josephine wouldn't be here right now. So I have to thank my own kids for that. And intervening and putting themselves in danger. I know their heads hurt afterwards cause Cal grabbed them by their hair and ripped them off his leg. I then went to get help and ran out after that. Cal then was arrested on set and was sent to jail. I then went to the New York State Prison to get Jack. That's when I was reunited with Jack and my family", I finished.

"So you simply opened the door and he spun around and when you did he planted his lips on you?"

"Mmmhhmmm. He also broke quite a few things. And almost smashed a lamp on my head", I brought up again.

"No more questions you honour", he sat down. I then left the podium and went back to my seat.

"you did great Rose", Jack kissed me handing over Josephine, "I'm proud of you", we then both sat down while I rocked and looked at Josephine. The judges panel then started discussing Cals punishment. Everyone else in the court room just talked. The hammer then sent shock waves around the room.

"The court has heard both sides of the story. As well as what has happened and many years ago. The court today has come to the conclusion that Mr Calendon Hockley is guilty with all charges against him. He is sentenced to 14 years prison. Ruth DiWitt-Bunker is sentenced for 13 years jail. As well as Spicer Lovejoy, as they both paid witness and were involved in Roses kidnappings. You will not be able to apply for bail. Nor will you get parole no matter how good you've been behaving. Any last words before you are taken away?", the court went dead silent as they just sat and thinked.  Mother then got up.

"I would just like to say-", her eyes looked at me. I then moved to get comfortable in my seat, "I'm sorry Rose. I'm sorry for all the troubles I may of caused you and Jack. I'm sorry the way I treated you as a child and a grown women. I hope you get what you always wanted. Cause now I know you do", she was then hand cuffed and shown out. Cal gave us death glare look as he slowly turned his back and walked out. I couldn't stand to look at it no longer. My eyes turned to focus with Josephine in my arms.

"DAWSONS WIN! This court is officially over!", the last hammer then sounded as the whole court on our side celebrated. Jumping to their feet cheering. We thanked a few people before walking out seeing paparazzi. Jack immediately got us in the car and drove home.

Jacks Pov

After we got home the noise died down a bit. But Rose was mute. Sitting on the end of the bed looking into nowhere. Josephine was put down asleep. And the twins were too busy doing whatever they do with each other.

"Rose? Are you alright?", I asked her. She then shook her head before crying in her hands, "oh Rose", I held her tight.

"I'm sorry Jack I'm sorry. I cannot help it", she wept, "she won't survive Jack. She won't. I know she won't", she referred to Ruth loving in jail.

"Well. You can visit her. That's if you want to? Maybe that can put your mind at rest", she then nodded.

"But I don't know if I'm ready Jack"

"You don't have to go straight away. Just give it some time. Till you're ready", I told her.

"Ok", she accepted.

"I love you Rose. No matter what you choose", I pulled her close for a hug, "frankly I don't see Ruth surviving there either. Yet alone for 13 years. You can't even see it. Her there. I'm trying to find out who's worse off. Her, the guards, or the women in there", she then slapped.

"Oi! that's so mean", she began to laugh.

"Let's be honest Rose. She won't last a day. Yet alone walking in there"

"That is true", she began to clean up the kitchen, "I guess I'll have to see what she says to me about the place won't I? Or see it with my very own eyes", she scrubbed away.

"I guess you will", I wrapped my arms sting her waist before kissing her neck. I then put my chin on her shoulder as we stared out into the distance together. Not knowing what was going to happen.