Chapter 35

Jacks Pov

After Rose coming home crushed and in tears. I wanted to keep my promise to Rose no matter what she will say about me. I decided I need speak to Ruth myself. We've never had a real conversation in life. All she has done is watched and sit back, drinking her fine champagne, while I've been with Rose and Cal putting up a front.

She is the puppet master. She sits back and pulls the strings comfortably. Well most of those strings have been cut off with her in state prison. But not the ones to the Dawson family. She's not gonna hurt anyone in my family ever again!

"Ruth Di-Witt Bunakter", I said to the guard.

"Please wait here sir", I took a seat. He then returned a couple of minutes later, "follow me", he lead me down a few corridors and doors until I came to an outside closed area, "wait here", he then shut the door and left me in a red brick wall cage. A prison. Ruth then came out and was shocked/surprised to see me.

"I gather Rose tells you everything. Is that why you're here? God she had a big mouth on her", she frantically started staring down avoiding eye contact.

"Ok. We'll get straight down to business", I then took a deep breath, "I don't like what you said yesterday. Rose came home crushed. But I know that's your opinion of what you saw. And I can understand that. But the fact of the matter is I talked to Rose about this, and we don't want to see you at all. After what you did to Rose and put her through. As well as what you said yesterday. And to be quite frank, I don't care! I don't care if you don't like me. I know you've always hated me and I understand you. But it's a real shame that Lilly and Jackson have to see that. And knowing that they have zero grandparents around also helps our family. I guess we're lucky that Molly is there filling in that role", she didn't even once look at me in the eye. She kept tying to ignore my face, "basically all I'm saying is. You're out of this family. And maybe who knows. You might come out of this place changed and might be re-invited to join. But only! If you're not like this", I warned her. I then turned my back and began to walk out.

"You're exactly like Rose and her father. Leaving me to rot and be left behind in the family. A dark shadow hiding away, tucked in the corner. At another party. You enjoy those Jack. You, and my daughter", I took one look at her with her last words. And I walked out of that prison forever.

***

"How did it go? What did she say?", Rose questioned me as I just entered the house.

"Urgghhhhh. She said some stuff about you and your father. And may of snuck me into that analogy as well", I answered looking for water in the fridge.

"Of course she did. All she thinks of is herself. And when bad stuff happens to her. She makes herself the victim and everyone else the bad guys. There's never been any good guys. But it's her! It's always her!", Rose began to raise her voice.

"I know I know", I immediately rushed to her before she would break something from her anger.

"I'm sick of her Jack! I'm sick of people who are like her! I'M SO SO SICK OF HER!"

"I know. I know. That's why I dealt with her today", I put Rose head in between my hands, "she's not going to hurt, or bother us again. I promise you. We won't hear from her ever again. I've made sure of that"

"Re..really?", her eyes shook with tears.

"Anything to push the past away and make you happy. I'll do anything for you Rose. Anything", her lips then pounced on mine

"Oh Jack. Thank you thank you", she cried kissing me, "LILLY! JACKY!", she called the twins from their room. They then ran out.

"Yes mummy", they responded to her.

"Who wants to go out and get ice cream?", Rose said happily with the biggest smile on her face. The children jumped for joy. They then ran into their rooms to get ready. Rose looked at me full of happiness and kissed me, "now we can make it count. Knowing that their not here to stop us", I then smiled at her.

"True to that", I kissed her back. The children then came running out with their shoes on ready to go. "Right who's ready to go celebrate?!", Rose then grabbed Josephine and we stepped out into a new world. A world with a shadow that followed and judged us. One that always held us back. But now we are shinning in the light with nothing but sunny and happy days ahead.